• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Wondering if there would be any interest on the boards in low middle grade (5.0 avg.) Gold Key Korak and Tarzan comics. I would sell them in lots instead of individually. If they were cheap enough, do you think anyone would be interested? Or, should I just load 'em up on Ebay?

I think I have two short boxes mostly Tarzan. I'm not exactly sure how I acquired so many or what to do with them now.

Also have a near complete run of DC Korak from 46 - 59 (only missing 57) that are higher grade (8.0 avg. although issue 58 is VG) that I'm thinking about selling.

On 1/30/2023 at 3:53 PM, alecholland said:

Wondering if there would be any interest on the boards in low middle grade (5.0 avg.) Gold Key Korak and Tarzan comics. I would sell them in lots instead of individually. If they were cheap enough, do you think anyone would be interested? Or, should I just load 'em up on Ebay?

I think I have two short boxes mostly Tarzan. I'm not exactly sure how I acquired so many or what to do with them now.

Also have a near complete run of DC Korak from 46 - 59 (only missing 57) that are higher grade (8.0 avg. although issue 58 is VG) that I'm thinking about selling.

I’d think there’d be interest in Gold Key Korak and Tarzan as I seem to notice quite a few people interested in painted covers specifically.  Not sure how lots would fare vs. individual issues though.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:38 PM, steveinthecity said:

I’d think there’d be interest in Gold Key Korak and Tarzan as I seem to notice quite a few people interested in painted covers specifically.  Not sure how lots would fare vs. individual issues though.

Thanks for the reply! I think I may go ahead and try lots first. Ed (ft88) seems to have decent success at selling in lots. Selling individually would just take so much time scanning each book and then packing and shipping for books that are only worth about $2 or $3 apiece. I might have a few nicer issues I could sell individually, but most of these just aren't worth that much.

Thank you again for the reply. I appreciate it.

• Administrator
On 2/13/2023 at 9:17 PM, pleasurejc said:

Is it permissible to post a link to a public CLZ database of comics I’m wanting to sell or do they need to be listed here in a thread in the marketplace?

We have 2 sections.  1 is for links to off site selling like ebay, ect...  (This forum is not suitable for what you are asking)  The forum only sections are your only options, and we have a strict list of rules that can be found here:

Here are the 3 selling forums:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/61-goldensilverbronze-age-only/

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/64-copper-modern-age-only/

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/46-mixed-age-threads-and-misc/

You cannot just post a list of books.  They have to be offered exclusively here (that list can't be posted anywhere else) , and listed in the appropriate age section.  (Unless you are using the misc section)  Of each book you will need, prices, and either a picture or grade.  You will also need to list shipping info, payment info, and a return policy.  There are also other things listed in the guidelines that you need to be aware of.   I recommend checking out several other people's selling threads before venturing out on your own.  Also, do not copy anyone else's rules.  Make up your own.  If you have any specific questions or would like approval of a sales post before you post it live, send me a PM, and I will review it for you.  

• Administrator

FYI I moved @Mr. Hog's for sale thread to the marketplace probation section where the discussion can continue.  If for any obvious reason it should be moved back, (such as Mr. Hog returning and making things right) I will do so.  

On 3/22/2023 at 1:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

FYI I moved @Mr. Hog's for sale thread to the marketplace probation section where the discussion can continue.  If for any obvious reason it should be moved back, (such as Mr. Hog returning and making things right) I will do so.  

Thank you for your sobriety, @CGC Mike.

Question for other sellers about shipping slabs with USPS: at what price level do you switch from just shipping USPS priority with signature to shipping something registered mail? Would it be overkill to ship $1,000 orders with registered mail? 

Edited by rsouxlja7

On 3/29/2023 at 6:36 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

Question for other sellers about shipping slabs with USPS: at what price level do you switch from just shipping USPS priority with signature to shipping something registered mail? Would it be overkill to ship $1,000 orders with registered mail? 

I make my determination based on several factors...

Is it going to an Apartment?

Is it going to a large urban area ?

Is it shipping to someone I'm familiar with ?

What is my loss-tolerance threshold ?

.... I do start to consider Registered at the 1K level, but someone with millions in inventory my be willing to push the envelope more. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 3/31/2023 at 2:48 AM, jimjum12 said:

I make my determination based on several factors...

Is it going to an Apartment?

Is it going to a large urban area ?

Is it shipping to someone I'm familiar with ?

What is my loss-tolerance threshold ?

.... I do start to consider Registered at the 1K level, but someone with millions in inventory my be willing to push the envelope more. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Thanks, yeah I will probably just stick with shipping all packages @ 1K with registered mail. 

• Administrator
On 4/16/2023 at 1:39 AM, Escaflown41 said:

Looking over the guidelines, I don’t see anything mentioned regarding listing underground or adult / mature books unless I missed it.  If these are allowed, do the pictures / scans need to be censored?

This is what we have posted in the terms of use:

"Nude images: Given that this is a comic book collecting forum, some leeway for actual comic imagery is provided, more so than non-comic related imagery. Some nudity is allowed when it is comic related and done in a tasteful manner. However, there are many comics that are quite explicit and aren't allowed to be posted here."

If anyone is unsure about certain types of images, you can PM me, and I will provide input as to what is and what is not allowed.

On 4/16/2023 at 7:42 AM, CGC Mike said:

This is what we have posted in the terms of use:

"Nude images: Given that this is a comic book collecting forum, some leeway for actual comic imagery is provided, more so than non-comic related imagery. Some nudity is allowed when it is comic related and done in a tasteful manner. However, there are many comics that are quite explicit and aren't allowed to be posted here."

If anyone is unsure about certain types of images, you can PM me, and I will provide input as to what is and what is not allowed.

Thank you for getting back to me on this.  I have recently acquired a large collection of books of this nature.  I have never sold adult or underground comics before so I wanted to double check what’s allowed before I started listing them here.  I will make sure all controversial details are covered before posting.

Are benefit sales threads still a thing?  I don’t post here nearly as often as I used to, so I’m not sure if people still do those.  We had a loss in the family a few days ago and I’ve set up a gofundme for his wife and children, but I was thinking maybe I could generate some cash for it with a thread in the sales forums.  I have a few items I can sell and maybe others might want to pitch in.  I’m rambling a bit, sorry I’m just trying to do things that matter.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:47 AM, comicalgems said:

Are benefit sales threads still a thing?  I don’t post here nearly as often as I used to, so I’m not sure if people still do those.  We had a loss in the family a few days ago and I’ve set up a gofundme for his wife and children, but I was thinking maybe I could generate some cash for it with a thread in the sales forums.  I have a few items I can sell and maybe others might want to pitch in.  I’m rambling a bit, sorry I’m just trying to do things that matter.

We've been having one here for several days, we lost a board member, DJPinkpanther67