• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 32
2 2

160 posts in this topic

March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 32

acclaim.gif Welcome March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 32acclaim.gif

Rules for this and future rounds:

1. Do not talk about the books in this thread or any other thread. Do not talk to your wife about these books. Do not talk to your friends about these books. Do not talk to your dog about these books.

2. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Use the template I provided to send the grades

3. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments.

4. Due date for grades for this round is Sunday, March 19th at 10:00p (EST) or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

5. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

6. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.
A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)
B. Moisture Stains not apparent on the scan.
C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.
D. Any damage/ scratches on the CGC case which may appear as flaws on the book.

7. Your score will be tallied based on the sum of the points awarded for the grades assigned each book based on the chart below:

Spot on= 20 points
.2 or closer = 18 points
.5 or closer= 15 points
.7 or closer= 10 points
1 or closer = 7 points.
1.2 or closer= 5 points.
1.5 or closer= 2 points
2 or closer = 0 points
Over 2 grades off= Technical Foul -5 points

Bonus (cumulative):
2 books spot on= 5 points
3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone.

Crud - all 3 of the people with perfect scores last round are in my brackets.  Don't know how you guys get all the coin flips right since a bunch of the books last round could easily be two grades (ie 9.2/9.4 or 6.0/5.5).

Edited by 1Cool

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Crud - all 3 of the people with perfect scores last round at in my brackets.  Don't know how you guys get all the coin flips right since a bunch of these could either be a 9.2/9.4 or 6.0/5.5.

What, is that a joke? 

5 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

What, is that a joke? 

Nope - all 3 95s were in Bracket B.

I reworded my statement just in case you thought I was talking about this round of books.

Edited by 1Cool