• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's BATGIRL starring Leslie Grace (2022?)
5 5

473 posts in this topic

Always remember though.  THIS Batgirl movie has been shelved for the write off.  That does not mean that DC is never going to revisit the topic of Batgirl again.  It also does not mean that Leslie Grace will never play Batgirl again.

For all we know they might have her suit up again in a new costume for a new movie that has Batgirl in it. 

I would not be surprised if she is invited to participate or hired as a lead for another WB movie down the line whether it is in the DCU or not. 

On 12/6/2022 at 8:26 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Gunn: "Hi guys, don't mind the mess - I just have here all the footage from Batgirl sitting on my desk...now if you will excuse me I need to turn my back to you all for several minutes" *wink wink wink*

In his best South Park Mister Mackey voice:

"Gonna turn now - okay??"

On 12/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, Bosco685 said:

Do we know which episodes of Ms. Marvel they directed? I didn't like the writing/etc, but E1 was high-quality. Perhaps Gunn offers them an opportunity to direct a theatrical film featuring Batgirl, since Zaslav doesn't want to hemorrhage money into HBO Max releases.

Vague idea: Deathstroke hunts down Batgirl, intent on killing her, believing that she's related to Bruce Wayne (thanks, Luthor). Affleck's Batman intervenes, and they team up to bring Wilson down. It's the first time since Robin's death that Bruce houses and embraces a new sidekick, after Deathstroke takes everything but her life, because Batman feels responsible.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do we know which episodes of Ms. Marvel they directed? I didn't like the writing/etc, but E1 was high-quality.

They directed episodes 1 and 6 (first and last).

I like your idea for a Deathstroke-centered Batgirl film.

And wouldn't mind if he - rather than the Joker - is the reason she ends up in a wheelchair. Would be refreshing to see a superhero film with real consequences - and I think it would take a lot of non-comic readers by surprise.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:11 PM, paperheart said:

If anything no matter how individuals feel about DC movies, it does convey the new leadership was taking a stand on the DC brand rather than being heavy-handed without any care for the final result (e.g. Josstice League). Right or wrong.

Safran told reporters, "Batgirl's a character that inevitably we will include in our story." He continued, "On the Batgirl front... I saw the movie, and there are a lot of incredibly talented people in front of and behind the camera on that film. But that film was not releasable, and it happens sometimes. That film was not releasable. I actually think that [President and CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery David] Zaslav and the team made a very bold and courageous decision to cancel it because it would have hurt DC. It would have hurt those people involved."