• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's BATGIRL starring Leslie Grace (2022?)
5 5

473 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

As long as  Joss Whedon stays with this it won't.  Joss Whedon is the creator of Buffy and helmed the first 2 Avengers movies. He is gold standard. 

If they give him as much creative power as it is sounding, this will be his production leading to his full commitment to the project. And no MCC interference like he experienced in 'Age of Ultron' that caused so much frustration.

Alicia Silverstone wants to play Batgirl again

Alicia-Silverstone-as-Batgirl.jpg?qualit

Alicia Silverstone was 21 years old when she played Batgirl in 1997’s Batman & Robin. Now, the 40 year old actress wants another shot at the role, and thinks she could do a much better job.

“I feel like I could do a much better Batgirl now than I did then. It would be fun to tackle it again,” Silverstone told USA Today. “Because I’m older and my acting is better. I know I would bring so much more to it.”

Silverstone then reflected on her Batman & Robin role, and reiterated that she’d like to play Batgirl again. “I was just a baby. It was a different thing. But I had fun back then. And I think it would be fun to do it again,” she said.

I feel sad for her.

Not for her desperation to stay relevant in a role she's outgrown, but that she doesn't realize that the '97 role she thought was "fun" was only made for the reason of toy sales.

She didn't actually empower any young girls who might have caught this movie, like Gal Gadot is about to. Or Melissa Benoist or Margot Robie in that regard as well.

Baywatch star Priyanka Chopra wants to play Batgirl in Joss Whedon's DC film: “it would be so cool!”

1008553_Screen_Shot_2017_06_02_at_15_2cf

PRIYANKA Chopra really wants to play a superhero and she's got her eye on the DC Comics heroine.

The Baywatch star made a name for herself in Bollywood, but since signing a talent deal with ABC in 2014 she's become quite the star in Hollywood too.

Now she has her eye on a superhero role and told OK! Online that Batgirl would be "cool" to play.

"Well there's lots of chatter about lots of films but no one has spoken to me about it," Priyanka said of the upcoming female-led superhero films in the work.

Priyanka Chopra wants to play Batgirl

"But my dream part is, now that I'm working in America, I definitely want to do a superhero part. When I think of American movies, they've had superheroes for aeons right? So I definitely want to play a superhero and I want to have an interesting super power. I don't know... Batgirl would be so cool!"

DC FILMS Co-Chairs On Bringing Joss Whedon Aboard BATGIRL And JUSTICE LEAGUE

151903.jpg

As part of Variety's continuing coverage on Warner Bros. and the DC Films Cinematic Universe, it was Jon Berg and Geoff Johns' (DC Films co-chairs)  turn to sit down with the Hollywood trade.

In terms of Joss Whedon's role and sudden importance in the DC Cinematic Universe as the current director of Justice League and Batgirl, enthusiasm for The Avengers and Age of Ultron director seems sky high.

Berg revealed, "He’s a big part already. We love him. He’s a great partner, collaborator; we want him to be ensconced. We bring people by, have general meetings and talk about comics and their favorite superhero movies. With Joss, he saw the master board, and he saw a Batgirl title and he said, “You guys seriously want to do Batgirl?” And we said, “Absolutely.” He said, “That’s my jam!”

'master board'? I wonder what other characters are noted here.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

'master board'? I wonder what other characters are noted here.

You and everyone else on the CGC forums so we have a head start on all of the spec plays. lol

Rumor: Batgirl Casting Shortlist Revealed

A poster on Reddit has posted a list of actresses the studio might be eyeing for the part. He came upon this information after a friend of his was contacted by the studio to work up some concept art for the project, supposedly to help them make a casting decision that can be announced at San Diego Comic-Con. He was asked to develop concept art for the following actresses:

Elle Fanning (Neon Demon/Live By Night)

MV5BMTc0ODA1MjY5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzcw

Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel)

481854839.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

Bella Throne (Shake It Up!)

Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why)

661217932.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers)

margaret-qualley-bio-photo.jpg?w=330

Jane Levy (Don't Breathe)

Jane+Levy+vLntscvu75vm.jpg

Emma Roberts (Scream Queens)

MV5BMTMyOTE0Nzg1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDYw

Haley Lu Richardson (Split/Edge Of Seventeen)

Haley+Lu+Richardson13.jpg

Naomi Scott (Power Rangers)

220px-Naomi_Scott.jpg

On 7/1/2017 at 0:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

I believe Bella Thorne would make a great Batgirl but she's a bit of a walking disaster. It would also be great to see someone with the abilities of Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things but a bit older like Chloe Moretz. Cara Delevingne would be great too but with Valerian out today....

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

1 hour ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

I believe Bella Thorne would make a great Batgirl but she's a bit of a walking disaster. It would also be great to see someone with the abilities of Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things but a bit older like Chloe Moretz. Cara Delevingne would be great too but with Valerian out today....

I'm hoping with this being driven by Joss Whedon - who seems to nail the female character designs and actor selection - he will keep that trend going with Batgirl.

:wishluck::wishluck:

On 3/30/2017 at 1:16 PM, drotto said:

He was supposed to be writer and director for WW, but I am not sure ultimately how much control he was given.  On WW the final word was that he wanted to take the film in a direction the executives were not thrilled with and after bickering for years it just died on the vine.

If WB basically leaves him alone, in addition to everything he learned doing Avengers,  this could be something special.

I encourage y'all to look up Whedon's Wonder Woman -script, which is online.

Not a train wreck, but not _nearly_ as good as what we saw on screen this year.

In the end, I think we _all_ benefited from not seeing a Whedon WW back in 2008.

Joss Whedon Will Start Work on Batgirl Next Year

E3Oocgw.jpg

DC chief Geoff Johns has been busy promoting both the DC Universe and the DCEU at San Diego Comic-Con this week, and in a recent interview with IGN Live, he said that Whedon will begin working on the Batgirl movie in 2018.

“But for Batman what I will say is that Batman is more than just Batman and, you know, it’s been way too long since we’ve seen, you know, an expansion of that universe, and Batgirl – we are doing Batgirl with Joss Whedon, it’s going to be super exciting. He’s going to start that next year, and that’s just the start.”

Oh no.

RUMOR: After Helming JUSTICE LEAGUE's Reshoots, Joss Whedon May Not Be Back For BATGIRL

Earlier this year, Joss Whedon's ex-wife penned a damning editorial about the filmmaker. It didn't have much of an impact on his career as he continued working on Justice League's reshoots but things have changed given recent Hollywood sex scandals and it's entirely feasible that more stories about Whedon could start doing the rounds (his pretty pervy Wonder Woman screenplay also lost him a lot of fans). 

Well, there may some ramifications for that as a new report claims that Warner Bros. no longer wants the director to take the helm of Batgirl because of the negative press surrounding his personal life. This seems believable but bear in mind that this story isn't coming from one of the trades and should most definitely be categorised as a rumour for the time being as the source is definitely questionable. 

It's also mentioned that Warner Bros. wasn't overjoyed with Whedon's work on Justice League and that's also put them off bringing him back for the female-led release.

His wife's details about affairs with leading ladies came out a few months before all the extensive cleansing going on right now. But it was enough in the current light, his reputation would be trashed.

Amen!

Joss Whedon is still directing Batgirl, sources say

The Warner Bros./DC rumor du jour is that Joss Whedon has been quietly dumped from writing and directing the upcoming Batgirl movie.

But sources close to the Batgirl production say that The Avengers director is currently at work on the -script and remains attached to direct as well. Of course, things could change — top talents get replaced on projects all the time. But as of now, as Dr. Horrible might say, the status is quo.

The untitled Batgirl movie is based on the Batgirl story that was first unveiled in DC Comics in 1967. One has to expect there was some new optimism about the project after the breakout success of Wonder Woman. Whedon was among those who pioneered strong female characters in Hollywood with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Here's what purports to be 2007 Whedon's -script for his aborted Wonder Woman movie.

I think it pales in comparison to what we actually received. Not saying he couldn't hit Batgirl out of the park, but I'd like to see a more serious, less Whedon'y take, a la what we got with Wonder Woman this year.

Either way, read this & see what you think compared to the 2017 WW we received.

https://indiegroundfilms.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/wonder-woman-aug7-07-joss-whedon.pdf