• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 1 : Take 2

182 posts in this topic

Like I thought, I was bang on, not that hard a book to grade at all if you know what you are looking for, most of the flaws were clear to the naked eye. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I look forward to going head to head with some of the better graders here, In the STL grading contest I owned for a long time till real life took over and I just started guessing without actually looking for the flaws, that's when Scott passed me and now has the lead, but you have my word I'll be busting my [#@$%!!!] to make sure I'm the first to 44 893applaud-thumb.gif

Talk about pompous! poke2.gif

Confidence:

assurance: freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"

893applaud-thumb.gif

That's all it is my good man, gain alitte and that 2 points you just got "might" be 4 points next round poke2.gifwink.gif

Like I thought, I was bang on, not that hard a book to grade at all if you know what you are looking for, most of the flaws were clear to the naked eye. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I look forward to going head to head with some of the better graders here, In the STL grading contest I owned for a long time till real life took over and I just started guessing without actually looking for the flaws, that's when Scott passed me and now has the lead, but you have my word I'll be busting my [#@$%!!!] to make sure I'm the first to 44 893applaud-thumb.gif

Confidence:

assurance: freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"

893applaud-thumb.gif

That's all it is my good man, gain alitte and that 2 points you just got "might" be 4 points next round poke2.gifwink.gif

screwy.gifgrin.gif You have the soap box right now . . . but I'll make a wager you don't stand on it for very long 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Confidence:

893applaud-thumb.gif

screwy.gifgrin.gif You have the soap box right now . . . but I'll make a wager you don't stand on it for very long 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

a soap box can be slippery, no doubt I will "slip" at some point but I doubt i'll fall off 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Just ignore him.

He pulled the same [#@$%!!!] with the fantasy baseball league we're in. "Oh, I'm Brockley, I'm so great, you're all going to eat my dust, 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif"

Dude's currently in last place. 27_laughing.gif

poke2.gifpoke2.gif

I suppose that lower right corner bend took it down more then I thought. *coughcough*

Guess I shoulda asked about that... thought it was SCS.

Of course, had I actually registered that it was Old Label... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just ignore him.

He pulled the same [#@$%!!!] with the fantasy baseball league we're in. "Oh, I'm Brockley, I'm so great, you're all going to eat my dust, 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif"

poke2.gifpoke2.gif

it was all worth it to see you wet your panties when I said Oswalt busted his ankle right after you drafted him, the dead silence from you was classic, I can just imagine you frantically surfing the net between your picks looking for confirmation of the injury, 893applaud-thumb.gif

hook line and sinker

talking smack brings out the best in people and makes the competition that much more fierce, friendly smack ofcourse, none of that mean stuff yay.gif

I'm sure you were thinking it. poke2.gif

Just ignore him.

poke2.gifpoke2.gif

it was all worth it to see you wet your panties when I said Oswalt busted his ankle right after you drafted him, the dead silence from you was classic, I can just imagine you frantically surfing the net between your picks looking for confirmation of the injury, 893applaud-thumb.gif

hook line and sinker

mad.gif

[#@$%!!!] you. I still haven't forgiven you for that Oswalt [#@$%!!!].

mad.gif

Just ignore him.

poke2.gifpoke2.gif

hook line and sinker

mad.gif

mad.gif

Get over it! 893blahblah.gif

Just ignore him.

poke2.gifpoke2.gif

hook line and sinker

mad.gif

mad.gif

Get over it! 893blahblah.gif

Okay.

screwy.gif

9.0/9.2 and went with 9.2 due to the Nikos factor forgetting this was a greggy book! frustrated.gif

The Beyonder is ahead of me!? foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif

hi.gif

2 points... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well in the last 3 contests I (or my team) hit the first book dead on then things went down from there. Maybe a slower start is a good sign. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

9.0/9.2 and went with 9.2 due to the Nikos factor forgetting this was a greggy book! frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif

hi.gif

Well in the last 3 contests I (or my team) hit the first book dead on then things went down from there. Maybe a slower start is a good sign. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey, don't say that! frustrated.gif

I suppose that lower right corner bend took it down more then I thought. *coughcough*

Guess I shoulda asked about that... thought it was SCS.

Me toooooooo...... foreheadslap.gif I graded round 2 before I had read this thread & found out it was only a 9.0.....so I suppose I overgraded again.... yeahok.gifjuggle.gif But a newbie like me will accept being 1 grade off through this contest! yay.gif

27_laughing.gif

hi.gif

Hey, don't say that! frustrated.gif

Good guess!

If our team was doing it: 9.2/9.0/9.0/8.5 and the grade would have been right on the mark!

thumbsup2.gif

Now we can talk - Ok, because of the revisions to the rules sponsored by co-Brainiacs FFB and Deathlok, contestants who gave this book an 8.5 (read: weak) get 2 points, the same as those who guessed 9.2 makepoint.gif

You guys should have left well-enough alone, as I think you will see, that the changes will result in many "gift" points along the way 893scratchchin-thumb.gif As usual, Nikos instincts were right on.

yeahok.gif

Congrats to the group that nailed it! thumbsup2.gif

If you will, please consider:

Seller "A", who sells you a book advertised on ebay as NM but it shows up as a VF/NM; and

Seller "B", who sells you a book advertised on ebay as VF/NM but it shows up as a VF+.

Who's more accurate? Methinks everyone would agree seller "B" is more accurate, but under your preferred scenario both sellers would be considered equally accurate.

sumo.gif