• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peter Laird signature
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Peter Laird signature

Now that Shellback Artworks has closed, is there anywhere to get Peter Laird to sign any TMNT books for CGC SS? I was starting to make plans for a trip up to Maine to meet Mr Laird at his annual signing and was frustrated to see that Shellback Artworks closed their doors in October. If anyone has any new information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott

I'm sorry to say it does not look too good anytime soon. At the last Shellback signing he said he was totally done and that was his last signing. A few months later he joined Steve for a few hours at a small show in MA....it was totally unannounced. I believe in the latest "ask PL" blog he said he has no plans to do any signings. He seems very checked out and done with TMNT...

nriccijr got it right on all counts. 

It's not impossible to catch him at a show, but Shellback Artworks seemed to be the only place he'd actually schedule a signing for in recent years (save for the 1-day signing for Jetpack Comics back in 2014).  He's made a small handful of other appearances, but they've all been unannounced. 

Shellback Artworks still keeps an active facebook page.  Steve Lavigne and his wife run it.  You could keep an eye on that to see if things change and Pete decides to sign somewhere.  I'm fairly certain Steve has been involved with all of Pete's public signings in the last 7 years.

17 hours ago, nriccijr said:

Looks like he is done done

This certainly looks to be the case, but he's been written off the convention scene before only to pop up unexpectedly to do a signing when people least suspect it.