• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, skybolt said:
7 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Anything less than 6.0 would be a disappointment. It is one of those books that looks and feels 7.0 at least but with some very light almost invisible water stain (no bucking or anything) that sometimes CGC will really hammer you for. 

I hear ya. I never understood why small water stains are hammered so much harder by CGC than those ugly fox stains. Let's hope it comes back at least a 7.0. :wishluck:

Yeah, unfortunately, CGC has taken to hammering for water stains even when they are almost invisible.  Another instance of most collectors valuing a defect differently than CGC does.

8 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I hear ya. I never understood why small water stains are hammered so much harder by CGC than those ugly fox stains. Let's hope it comes back at least a 7.0. :wishluck:

I can show you a Cap 100 that I bought raw as an 8.5 and showed it to two dealer friends of mine that are CGC centers who said it might hit 8.5 or even 9.0. It came back a 5.0 from a water stain that was imperceptible. Amazing. 

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

I know....and Chamber of Chills 6 just hit 10, which it wasn't at before, so I did not pop it here....Wait, it's also '52....nevermind....

Depends on whether you consider Golden Age to run all the way up to Silver Age, or whether you sandwich in an Atomic Age.  Since there's no Atomic Age board .... 

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Depends on whether you consider Golden Age to run all the way up to Silver Age, or whether you sandwich in an Atomic Age.  Since there's no Atomic Age board .... 

I agree,but OP somewhere in the thread said he was thinking up to about '48 since so many 50's books could fill a thread like this. Sorry I rushed, but I guess my real point was that in checking some books for this thread (Planet 10) I noticed their count has gone up since I last checked, some to over 10 copies.

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I agree,but OP somewhere in the thread said he was thinking up to about '48 since so many 50's books could fill a thread like this. Sorry I rushed, but I guess my real point was that in checking some books for this thread (Planet 10) I noticed their count has gone up since I last checked, some to over 10 copies.

Ah, ok.  Well that wipes out the Baker books I posted and the T-Man 6. 

32 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks Tony! Just snuck in at 9 (actually surprised there are that many graded) Mine would probably tied at the bottom...

captamericaannual_zpse9d47bfc.jpg

I'm pretty shocked there that many as well.

gives me hope!