• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, edowens71 said:

Only 6 copies of this stunner, with only one copy graded higher than this one here:

dandy5a_f.jpg

Not only have I never seen this issue before, I can't recall ever having seen any issue of Dandy Comics.

Put a mustache on the guy in the canoe and he'd make a pretty good Hitler. (He's even got the H on his sweater). hm

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Awesome show, Ed! These Internationals are cool! You reminded me; only EC I think I can contribute is beat, but it's not on the census at all, nor is it in Gerber.

image.jpeg

Is it that particular printing that's not on the census, because I do see some copies on there? hm

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:
2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Is it that particular printing that's not on the census, because I do see some copies on there? hm

Did I search wrong? I looked at all Picture Stories from the Bible and found no #2 winter 1942 issue. 

That must be it.  The copies I see listed are for 1943 and 1946.  I think @edowens71 explained the many permutations of the Picture Stories from the Bible series in his EC Journal.  

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

That must be it.  The copies I see listed are for 1943 and 1946.  I think @edowens71 explained the many permutations of the Picture Stories from the Bible series in his EC Journal.  

That's what I see. No winter 1942 on the census. It's the only one of the bunch not in Gerber.

Just now, Readcomix said:

That's what I see. No winter 1942 on the census. It's the only one of the bunch not in Gerber.

The census is completely screwed up for the Bible books...CGC does an awful job at correctly identifying the different editions...which is understandable. It's confusing.

Just now, edowens71 said:

The census is completely screwed up for the Bible books...CGC does an awful job at correctly identifying the different editions...which is understandable. It's confusing.

Yes, very.

if any of these are slabbed, they are counted in the wrong bucket, but it appears not to be there.

Just now, Readcomix said:

Yes, very.

if any of these are slabbed, they are counted in the wrong bucket, but it appears not to be there.

I found them...hang tight for a sec. I still don't trust the count, though....