• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2022 at 3:57 PM, IngelsFan said:

This is probably my favorite thread on the boards, and I’m always happy when I can contribute to it. Here’s Comics Magazine (Funny Pages) #3, from July, 1936. Paper stock including covers, like a handful of early comics were in 1935/6. 6 blues on the census.

A002802B-E642-48D0-9658-CF6E27BB6C78.jpeg

Love it, rarely shared early one.

Edited by sagii

On 8/6/2022 at 4:37 AM, MBFan said:

At this time there are 9 copies of Diary Secrets 26 on the census. Soon there'll be one more. (Sticker is on the bag, not the book.)

Diary Secrets 26 blurred tag.JPG

Dreamy

On 8/17/2022 at 8:22 AM, sagii said:

Very nice early Ped pick up there!:headbang:

Thank you!  I wrote a little more about it in the Lost Valley Pedigree thread and @LouFine gave me a bit of the backstory on it.  I was very fortunate with that win.

It is going in the collection next to my Church Book and along with my Crippen "D" and others.  I think I am up to about 22-25 different pedigrees in my collection.  The goal is to have one from each, but I know it is very unlikely I will ever have a Larson or Allentown book to name a few.  Some of those are simply WAY out of my class.  I haven't seen any of the Chinatown books out yet, but I have hope.  

I also have a book from Bethlehem, Promise, and maybe a few other GA collections.  I just can't remember off the top of my head.

But yeah, I had to take a shot at getting that Lost Valley book and I got it, so pretty stoked about that!

PDG

On 8/17/2022 at 6:43 AM, PDGray said:

My latest addition - Tip Top 62 - Lost Valley copy - total of 3 on the census.

PDGimage.thumb.jpeg.7e9ec3b3a8fba2269895d1e229455d0a.jpeg

Very nice!!! (worship)

I was eye-balling a ped here on the boards recently, but I opted for a Jungle Comics #90 instead.  I'll post pics when I have it.

I'll find me a nice pedi one of these days.  It has to strike a cord with me though...I won't buy just anything in order to say 'I have a pedigree comic, therefore I am cool. lol

On 8/17/2022 at 9:46 AM, Galen130 said:

Very nice!!! (worship)

I was eye-balling a ped here on the boards recently, but I opted for a Jungle Comics #90 instead.  I'll post pics when I have it.

I'll find me a nice pedi one of these days.  It has to strike a cord with me though...I won't buy just anything in order to say 'I have a pedigree comic, therefore I am cool. lol

Well, as I have stated in other threads - my target is to have one book from each pedigree.  I don't care if it's the worst condition copy on the census.  Thus far, this 5.5 may be the lowest grade of the pedigree books I own currently.  I am probably around 25 pedigree books, plus my file copies which may or may not be considered pedigree books.  I have a few duplicates within a pedigree (a couple of Circle 8's and a couple of Winnipegs).  But I don't buy them to be cool, I buy them because that's my collecting target.  I do have three or four which I need to send off for grading sometime soon.

Anyone got any other cheap pedigree books??

PDG

On 8/17/2022 at 6:39 AM, PDGray said:

The goal is to have one from each, but I know it is very unlikely I will ever have a Larson or Allentown book to name a few.  Some of those are simply WAY out of my class. 

You should be able to pick up a Larson that is within your means.  Although it is a very strong pedigree overall, it includes lower grade copies of low demand books.

On 8/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, RareHighGrade said:

You should be able to pick up a Larson that is within your means.  Although it is a very strong pedigree overall, it includes lower grade copies of low demand books.

So far I have only seen one that is currently listed on eBay.  He had it at $1000 or best offer, but that's down to $800, which is still more than I can do right now, but I have hopes that it might drop some more.

That particular book is from 1943, which is a bit later than most of the Larsons seem to be - as I have read, although I know there could be outliers.

If you have other leads, please send them my way!!

PDG

edit: Other ones I am keeping my eyes on are Don Rosa, Twin Cities, Suscha News, although those are all SA or later.  I know that the Okajima's are likely to be well beyond what I can swing as well.

Edited by PDGray