• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

4 on the census 3 of which are Universal. Here's the lowest graded of them all at 1.0 (not nearly as pretty as your copy!!)

15254725918_ef1c44a263_b.jpg

Slabbed or unslabbed, it's an impossible book! I actively looked for a copy for 11 years before I found a dog copy, then shortly after that this one (the Crowley copy) came up for sale. There's one on the census even better tho....

On 5/1/2017 at 9:43 PM, walclark said:

As we've discussed in the Fiction House thread, all the early Rangers have low census numbers.

5 copies

rangers4.jpeg

4 copies

rangers5.jpg

7 copies...

rangers8.jpg

8 copies...

rangers9.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock
correction

Violating the 1948 rule with this one because it's from 1951. Four copies on the census. Saunders painted cover and Crippen copy. 

wil7.33_zpsojwmrjm8.jpg

Edited by Sqeggs
It is on GCD and in the census, but listed under "Wild Boy" rather than "Wild Boy of the Congo" as it is in Overstreet.

On 5/4/2017 at 11:33 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Great thread. A lot of these kind of books are owned by old crusty old timers who are too busy telling kids to get off their lawns to have them graded (or they have no ambition to grade their books).

get off my lawn you!