• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

35 CENT PRICE VARIANT SET COMPLETED!!!!!
1 1

53 posts in this topic

Congrats.

Were many found in the raw or were they bought stabbed?

I recently found a Marvel Presents 5 in the back section of a shop. First Marvel Price variant I've stumbled across in a while. The rest I've paid premium value for them.

The patience this requires is amazing. I have had multiples of several 35 centers, but to this day I have never seen a Flintstones or Scooby.

Honestly its the most enjoyable set of books to look for. You are lucky to find 3 or 4 in the wild. a year unless you live on ebay and might have find a dozen in a year or so. This past year I think I found 2.

I hope more and more people take up the challenge.

Congratulations its well earned.

Edited by fastballspecial

12 hours ago, shadroch said:

Congrats.

Were many found in the raw or were they bought slabbed?

I recently found a Marvel Presents 5 in the back section of a shop. First Marvel Price variant I've stumbled across in a while. The rest I've paid premium value for them.

Thanks and Thanks for the question.

About half of the complete set was bought slabbed and the other half was raw. Of the 10 Rarest I have, The Scooby #1, Kid Colt #219, 220, Sgt. Fury #141, 142 and Captain America #212 Blank Bar Variant were all raw finds.

Here's a Kid Colt #220 group shot -

DSCF2710.thumb.JPG.c00fa33b04d803efdab7b0b016726e4e.JPG

2 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Lies! You bought the Sgt Fury #142 through MCS already slabbed. 

Lies? I purchased that copy after I already had a copy. You could have asked me though. I don't need to lie, Nitwit!

I found this copy a couple of years ago in a hidden lot on eBay. I had it graded in 2016 and got a CGC 6.0 (below), which I sold after I acquired the CGC 8.5.

050.thumb.jpg.bdff1eb02a093e2e3cf2bd3fd2227552.jpg592ce4fd3e92d_sgtfury142pricevariantCGC6_0001.thumb.jpg.f6fc966dbc02c5f56e8ec05dae437c79.jpg

And Yes this is the copy I bought from mycomicshop -

001.thumb.jpg.644efac31074ef53e658eda704226cd5.jpg

You got me, So what am I lying about again?

Edited by Ghostzapper

On 5/22/2017 at 6:07 AM, Ghostzapper said:

The Cap #212 is the only 35 Cent Variant that has that double variant. I've only seen one Double Cover 35 Cent Variant and that was an Inhumans #12 owned by board member cosmic-spider-man. Another Rare variant oddity.

As for what's next, not sure yet. Fill some runs I have holes in. Save money for upgrades to this set. Completing this run was expensive and exhausting.

Thanks again and Best of luck to you in your collecting.

Awesome books.

23 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Really was this really necessary to even post that in this thread?

I doubt many of us care about where he bought the book or how honestly. 

Let the guy enjoy his well earned props. BTW Ghost you didn't owe us anyone
any explanation. 

Fastball, Thanks for the post, I appreciate it. Real Elijah Snow sent me a message, it's all good.

Take care!

On 5/30/2017 at 7:44 PM, NP_Gresham said:

Hi John :hi:

I would love to see your SW #1 and IF #14 copies.

Awesome set congrats my friend :headbang:

Hey Bill, Thanks buddy.

My Star Wars is real low grade but I'll post the Iron Fist #14 when I get a chance.

Be well!

On 5/22/2017 at 9:07 AM, Ghostzapper said:

The Cap #212 is the only 35 Cent Variant that has that double variant. I've only seen one Double Cover 35 Cent Variant and that was an Inhumans #12 owned by board member cosmic-spider-man. Another Rare variant oddity.

I have one, it's one of the Amazing Spider-man issues. I think 172.

Do you have pictures of the Star Wars #1 - 4 $0.35 variants?  Those books continue to astonish with the prices they fetch.

Which books did you pay the most for?

Edited by rjrjr

9 hours ago, joe_collector said:

I have one, it's one of the Amazing Spider-man issues. I think 172.

You have a double cover Spider-Man 35 Cent Variant? If you don't want to show off in this thread send me a PM if possible, I would love to see it.

Thanks!