• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pre-screen

4 posts in this topic

pre-screen

Hi....new to CGC and would appreciate advice as to what I should put on as lowest grade I'd accept for pre-screen....I sent in a recent batch with grading no less than 9.0 and only got 1/3 graded....any advice?....Mike

your question is a loaded one. What I mean is there is a lot of things that need to be ascertained.

Best advice: make sure you learn about how to grade comics. The "please grade my" section of these forums has a lot to offer for grading.

Why do I say learn about grading? because 2/3 of your submission returned ungraded due to your prescreen limit of 9.0 and I assume you had hoped many of your books were to be 9.0 or better.

On 5/24/2017 at 1:49 PM, mike donohew said:

pre-screen

Hi....new to CGC and would appreciate advice as to what I should put on as lowest grade I'd accept for pre-screen....I sent in a recent batch with grading no less than 9.0 and only got 1/3 graded....any advice?....Mike

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Best advice: make sure you learn about how to grade comics. The "please grade my" section of these forums has a lot to offer for grading.

x2

I had a couple posts removed from this thread ? I answered the OP first. I basically said the same thing as Artboy. Is this a controversial topic or something, MODS ????

Here's what I said.....

Welcome to the Boards Mike. Your question is too broad, it depends on what you are submitting. If you are submitting Moderns, most prescreen at 9.6, some even @ 9.8 . In general, the older the books, the lower the prescreen. Tell us what you are submitting.

Edited by Bomber-Bob