• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50/50 Probation Nomination
1 1

26 posts in this topic

50/50 Probation Nomination

50/50 (Joe) and I agreed on a book over a month ago(I paid immediately) and I have still not received it. 

5-15-17 was the last I heard from him that it was going out that day.

This was already overdue but I was ok at that point as he said their family pet had died and he got behind.

Left two messages since that have gone unread and his paypal email as well.

I found at least one more member who has still not heard back from him(3 week old transactions).

A message here was also sent letting him know he is being nominated for the probation list.

Edited by I like pie

I'll second the nomination!

i bought a comic from him 5/6/17 and he said it was shipped but never provided a tracking number. A week passed and he said due to him being in Canada something went wrong with customs and the comics got sent back to him.

He offered me some money as a refund for compensation and said he would mail the package off again 5/17 or 5/18. He never never refunded me anything.

Again no word or tracking number from him.  Apparently everyone that bought from his thread around mid May has also gotten stuffed by him also

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:36 AM, Whomperz said:

I'll second the nomination!

i bought a comic from him 5/6/17 and he said it was shipped but never provided a tracking number. A week passed and he said due to him being in Canada something went wrong with customs and the comics got sent back to him.

He offered me some money as a refund for compensation and said he would mail the package off again 5/17 or 5/18. He never never refunded me anything.

Again no word or tracking number from him.  Apparently everyone that bought from his thread around mid May has also gotten stuffed by him also

I agree this appears textbook. If the 2 nominators can confirm here that they still have not heard from the seller, the 72 hrs being up, 50/50 should go on the list.

If you know of others in the same situation you should encourage them to post, as being on the record ensures that the seller, if he returns, will have to answer to everyone who nominated.

I will support the nomination. Paid for books on 5/15 and didn't hear anything until 5/27. Was then provided with a tracking number that shows the package has yet to be received by the post office.

I was given tracking # EM 071 026 173 CA, curious if the same number was given to others.

I definitely 2nd the nomination 

paid for book on the 15th , 4 days later was sent a pm saying his credit card was hacked and was tied into his PayPal which was locked . Said he would send refund when his PayPal was back up . Never heard from again . Sent numerous e mails , pm 's . Got a reply about a week later saying there was a death in the family and would be sending book out after Labor Day . Was given a tracking # which turned out to be bogus . Filed a claim with PayPal awaiting the outcome

I will add this piece of information to the discussion.

Prior to the seller's most recent sales thread, I purchased two slabs from the seller that arrived quickly and safely. However, a week or two after I received my items the seller sends me an email saying his Paypal account had been hacked or otherwise compromised and he couldn't access his funds. He said he still had the ability to send refunds and asked if I would be willing to resend payment to a different email address through Paypal if he refunded my original purchase. The request seemed suspicious so I ignored it, but in retrospect this was most definitely a sign of things to come given the problems that occurred with his most recent sales thread.

I have added 50/50 to the Probation List.

If anyone gets any new information or has updates on the situation please post them here in this thread.

18 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Just wondering if this guy would be a good candidate for the HOS.  Multiple transactions and apparently the attempt to deceive using fake tracking #s.

This is taking it up a notch and quite disturbing.  

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, thehumantorch said:

Just wondering if this guy would be a good candidate for the HOS.  Multiple transactions and apparently the attempt to deceive using fake tracking #s.

fake tracking #'s is intent to defraud as opposed to laziness or carelessness or not knowing the rules or simply changing one's mind.  And especially if it happened multiple times, I would think that qualifies as HOS material.

Edited by revat