• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Smurf-tastic 3-day auctions – Spirou 1071-72, Gabriele Dell'Otto signed print
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Smurf-tastic 3-day auctions
Spirou 1071-72 / Gabriele Dell'Otto signed print

:news:  UPDATE
Lot 1
– SOLD
Lot 2 – still being auctioned.
:news:

Hi everyone, :hi:
As stated in the former thread – see here:

the previous auction transaction fell through because I did not realize #1070 and #1071 were incomplete, with coupons cut from an inside page. The buyer was not fully satisfied with the replacement copy I was able to find.

So I am running the auction a second time, in a different way. Since a few people have shown interest in the limited print of Gabriele Dell’Otto alone, I am auctioning two separate lots.

Lot 1  :news: SOLD to Tatterdamillion

Spoiler

This lot includes:

• Eight isssues of the french-belgian magazine Spirou, from the 1958 year run: the previously offered six ones plus two additional ones: #1049 and #1079.
All issues feature chapters of the story "La Flûte à six trous" with the first appearance of the Smurfs. The full story ran from Spirou #1047 to #1086, for a total of 39 issues, and was first published in album format in 1960.

Unfortunately the books have the common problem of rust on staples, in some cases very slight, in others with some migration to the paper around, but otherwise they are pretty nice midgrade copies. See all the pictures for better evaluation.
#1070 and #1071 are new copies, graded and shown below.
#1071 has very little rust on staples, but a small tear on front cover and an inside page defect (see the accompanying pictures).

Full list of the issues included:
#1049 VG-
#1061 VGFN (Smurfs preliminary "cameo", hidden)
#1062 FN (Smurfs preliminary "cameo", hidden)
#1062 FN+ (as above, but a Smurfs' arm can be seen)
#1070 FN (Smurfs preliminary "cameo", hidden)
#1071 FN- (proper first appearance of the Smurfs)
#1072 FN (first Smurfs cover)
#1079 FN-

• A mini-poster for the 1976 film "La Flûte à six Schtroumpfs" (adapting the first story for the screen) originally issued with Spirou #1976. See here: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Flûte_à_six_schtroumpfs_(film)

Lot 2
This lot includes:

• A limited edition print (93 of 150 copies) of the Smurfs reinterpreted by Gabriele Dell’Otto, signed by the artist.

• A mini-poster for the 1976 film "La Flûte à six Schtroumpfs" (adapting the first story for the screen) originally issued with Spirou #1976. See here: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Flûte_à_six_schtroumpfs_(film)

Bidding starts at $20 for both lots, with increments of at least $5

A "random" BIN price for the lots to comply with the rules:

Lot 1 - $300  :news: SOLD
Lot 2 - $250

Auction will end in three days, on Saturday 10 at 12.00 AM (GMT Pacific time).

Rules:
– Please no people from the HoS;
– Payment via PayPal;
– Shipping Priority to USA will be $19 (Priority, no tracking) or $26 (Registered, trackable);
– Payment is appreciated within 3 days unless arrangements are made before purchase.
– Once a single bid is placed, that bid is final (please do not edit your post, just add another bid to correct the amount if you wish so);

Return policy: Returns are not accepted; I try to describe items at best, but if I missed something drastic we can surely deal with it.

Have fun!

Edited by vaillant
Lot1 sold

Lot 1  :news: SOLD to Tatterdamillion
• Eight issues of Spirou magazine with chapters of the Smurfs' introductory story.
• A mini-poster originally issued with Spirou #1976.

tvMzpDcl.jpg AzcTXLFl.jpg

Inside page defect of #1071 (hole):

g2RGXQtl.jpg

apGswpfl.jpg

ZPE0Mtfl.jpg ySIjlq0l.jpg

5YutilQl.jpg d5KjDldl.jpg
wmBK1EHl.jpg lQHDQn2l.jpg

wrmHsRel.jpg

YyTe6U7h.jpg

Edited by vaillant
Lot sold

Thanks for the bids.

These are pictures of the inside pages to show all the "cameos" in the chapters of the story preceeding #1071.
Thanks to @Gay Elvis which prompted me to take the pictures. :)

#1061 (second panel):

oQ8Em5bh.jpg

#1062 (last three panels):

mr4f6jQh.jpg

#1063 (an arm can be seen in the second panel):

jR6oSDah.jpg

#1070 (voices, last panel):

aHaEZAVh.jpg