• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,088 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2022 at 12:35 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

The date of the moy sale is way wrong. 

I’ve noticed when looking at sold prices on Comic Art Tracker, it converts dates to Jan 1 of the current year once you scroll down the list a bit. I’m guessing some sort of data was pulled once those sales finalized, thereby creating a default date? I know Albert didn’t sell that splash for $1500 anytime recently. 😁

On 3/3/2022 at 9:56 AM, Latverian Tourism Board said:

I’ve noticed when looking at sold prices on Comic Art Tracker, it converts dates to Jan 1 of the current year once you scroll down the list a bit. I’m guessing some sort of data was pulled once those sales finalized, thereby creating a default date? I know Albert didn’t sell that splash for $1500 anytime recently. 😁

Yes, I noticed that too. @NicoV, Master of the CAT, has an answer I bet!

Yeah that seemed super low for earlier this year. Should have realized it was a default date. I did just try to do some spot checking out of curiosity on the Wayback Machine but couldn’t find when it was listed at Alberts site. Sorry to derail the thread, it’s a memorable image which is why I did a double take when I saw it listed for auction having just seen the sale announced.

On 3/3/2022 at 10:49 AM, Sean- said:

Yeah that seemed super low for earlier this year. Should have realized it was a default date. I did just try to do some spot checking out of curiosity on the Wayback Machine but couldn’t find when it was listed at Alberts site. Sorry to derail the thread, it’s a memorable image which is why I did a double take when I saw it listed for auction having just seen the sale announced.

Dec 2020.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:27 PM, NicoV said:

Was last viewed on Dec 9, 2020 for Albert Moy and (really) Feb 21, 2022 for Anthony Snyder

I see what the issue is, I'll try to fix it quickly! If you see anything wrong on CAT, don't fear to tell me or I'll probably never know :nyah:

I use it every day. It’s an amazing tool. Thank you!

In late January, Vicente Cifuentes listed his inked pages from Phantom Stranger 42 with prices ranging (mostly) from 50-60 Euro's (1 Euro is $1.10). I bought 2 of them, for 60 and 65 Euro's (which came with an extra overlay). All but one has since been sold off of his site.

A few days ago, I received an email from a potential art source telling me had 2 Phantom Stranger pages for sale from issue 42. Only $250 a piece. Here is one of them:

s-l1600.jpg

Nice work, and only 4 times the purchase price.

FYI: I would probably have bought a few more, but I already had 3 other pages of his work from WW.

On 4/16/2022 at 8:01 AM, Hockeyflow33 said:

Two character sketches are $400 on Paul's site

PMS.jpg

The problem is that he only posts them occasionally, and they sell out minutes later when he does. Demand far exceeds supply, yet he does not raise his prices, so other people are going to scalp. That said, this price seems ambitious, even for a Fastball Special.

This page makes me nostalgic for John Buscema's ability to draw proportions correctly, convey movement, depict perspective properly... basically all the things missing from this page. But sure, pay 8K for this, just squint a lot and pretend it is worth the price. 

BTW is this guy a ballet dancer? His hero name should be Twinkletoes.

Edited by Race

On 5/4/2022 at 7:27 PM, lobrac said:

That seller has many Frank Miller sketches that have been listed for 5+ years. Very optimistic pricing to say the least 

FRAUD OF THE DAY courtesy of the Donnellys AKA Coollines:

This Michael Bair Alpha Flight/Wolverine piece was traded to them as unpublished. The Donnellys then added fake stats and word balloons from the real title page to Alpha Flight #87 to give it the appearance of a published piece...

https://www.comicartfans.com/ForSaleDetails.asp?ArtId=7719402&fbclid=IwAR24pnTZoqLLV_DuzFdifNrYwfiCErcv2ylm8CzZaBtJcVmv2IegOc6q-48