• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony plans for SPIDER-MAN UNIVERSE
3 3

164 posts in this topic

Beyond Spider-Man: No Way Home, however, not much has been known about the character's fate — until now. In a new interview with Fandango, Pascal confirms that they are already planning new films with Marvel Studios with the intention of keeping the wall-crawler in the MCU for the foreseeable future. According to her, they are developing at least another trilogy. Read her full comments below:

"This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie. We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel. We're thinking of this as three films, and now we're going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies."

On 11/29/2021 at 7:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Where would they go with Spider-Man after the Sinister Six?

Reveal hidden contents

I guess, if Venom is not in No Way Home, then you go there. You can't do 3 symbiote movies, though. They suck.

A new spidey that does not look 12 years old would be a start.........

On 12/13/2021 at 11:25 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Uh yeah let's see how that next cartoon and morbius pan out first lol.  

-J.

Right?

Sony keeps dusting that Spider-Verse Oscar in its case. And if they make any more money from these Spidey spin-offs, they'll have to hire another accountant.

:baiting:

On 12/13/2021 at 8:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

Right?

Sony keeps dusting that Spider-Verse Oscar in its case. And if they make any more money from these Spidey spin-offs, they'll have to hire another accountant.

Despite the attempted media spin, 375MM on a 180MM all in ain't nothing to write home about.  Venom, on the other hand , has been an unmitigated commercial success , no spin needed.   

And no know cares about the Oscars or Oscar winning cartoons.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 12/13/2021 at 12:10 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Despite the attempted media spin, 375MM on a 180MM all in ain't nothing to write home about.  Venom, on the other hand , has been an unmitigated commercial success , no spin needed.   

And no know cares about the Oscars or Oscar winning cartoons.  

-J.

i-hear-you-yeah-i-hear-you.gif.0bd645c8aa38fd0a77111941039e44a2.gif

First it was there would never be a sequel. Then when there is a sequel it's because the first movie didn't make enough?

miles-morales-icegif.gif.214e458fc2a1393e110685021dd87fe5.gif

Kevin Feige has confirmed that Marvel Studios and Sony are currently working on at least one more Spider-Man movie.

In an interview published Friday with the New York Times that also features fellow Spider-Man: No Way Home producer Amy Pascal, the Marvel Studios president confirmed that their respective studios are currently in active talks about where to take the hero following the events of Tom Holland’s third turn as the famed web-slinger.

“Amy and I and Disney and Sony are talking about — yes, we’re actively beginning to develop where the story heads next, which I only say outright because I don’t want fans to go through any separation trauma like what happened after Far From Home,” Feige said, mentioning the brief period in 2019 where the deal for Disney and Sony to co-produce the movies fell through. “That will not be occurring this time.”

The enormous box office success of the billion-plus grossing Spider-Man: No Way Home — despite a raging pandemic with a new variant sweeping the world and sending hospitalization rates climbing again — has Marvel talking Oscars and fans talking Andrew Garfield. And it now seems likely Garfield will return as Spider-Man in Sony’s Spiderverse spinoff corner of the multiverse alongside Venom, Morbius, Lizard, and possibly other Marvel villains. Spoilers ahead, so tread lightly!

Spoiler

We know it will get out of control and threaten all of existence in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. We know Venom and Morbius are destined to meet Spider-Man. We know Venom left a piece of himself in the MCU, meaning a different Venom specific to the MCU will show up in that universe instead of the current version of Venom in solo films. We know No Way Home was a huge hit proving multiverse, nostalgia, and big villain team-ups against superhero team-ups can be crowd-pleasing to the tune of $1+ billion. We know Sony has still not given up on their desire for a big Sinister Six movie. We know Andrew Garfield wants to return as Spider-Man. And we know fans and a lot of mainstream audiences now seem to like that idea.

I’ve long been a big fan of Garfield’s Spider-Man, not only loving his first Amazing Spider-Man but also insisting in my review that his Amazing Spider-Man 2 was always underrated, that his personality as Spider-Man in costume was the most faithful to the comics, that Garfield and Emma Stone had the best chemistry and sparks of any on-screen superhero romance, that Jamie Foxx’s Electro was smartly inspired by Ralph Ellison’s Invisible Man protagonist, and that some day everyone would look back and reevaluate ASM2 and Garfield’s exceptional, emotionally riveting performance.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:39 AM, Straw-Man said:

i'm on board.  i love asm 1, not a fan of 2, and am ready for the tie-breaker.

It would be so incredible having a true Multiverse of Spider-Man characters across live and animated movies and TV shows. All at the same time.

I don't care for either of the Garfield Spider-Man movies but they've certainly grown in popularity due to his return in NWH, even with those who joined me initially in disliking them.  While Spider-Man is certainly a wise-cracking character in the comics, I thought Garfield brought too much of a Brie Larson snarky/smarmy take on that aspect of the character.  He was much, much better in NWH and I thought conveyed the painful life he'd led better than he did previously.  I'd love to see them bring him back for the movie described above.  Hopefully better writing and his own maturity will make for a more enjoyable movie than the original takes..