• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If I recasing the book...

3 posts in this topic

Suppose that my CGC have 'Newton Rings' and 'Wave Damage', then, I send my CGC for recasing it.

And ,you know, 'Newton Ring' is caused by the inner and outer layer of plastic coming into contact and it gives the appearance of an oily effect and 'Wave Damage'means my book is bent. right?

Then, Because my CGC has 'Newton Rings', my book has been pressed and Because My CGC has 'Wave damages',  my book has been bent! right? 

Then, is there any possibillity of downgrading becasue of 'pressed and bent situation'?

If you send your book in for a re-holder (which you call "recasing"), the book won't be regraded unless the slab is heavily damaged or there's obvious damage that makes it clear the book is no longer in condition it was in when it was first graded.

If your book is in the 1st generation of the new slab (the one without an inner well where it looks like the book is just floating within the slab) and it shows waves, CGC will re-holder it for free. I had about 25 books in those cases that became wavy and were re-holdered - none of them needed to be pressed, once they were removed from the case they lay flat again.