• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Golden Age Foreign Editions
4 4

204 posts in this topic

I would like to start this thread because there are many cool GA foreign editions around the globe ready to be discovered , some people call them "reprints" wich is totally wrong because some elements change like the country  language , colours , sometimes the cover is completely changed by some local unknow artist . The correct notation is "edition" as is being labeled by "the other company" and lately by CGC

Here´´  s one of my favorites from Brazil printed under the Superman Ebal series . Brazil has an extremly tropical weather , specially in the north , its common for golden age comics to being completely destroyed , to have no staples , to have the staples replaces etc .

This book in particular has the original staples with a slight rust , thats because it was distributed to Portugal .

zz08NIUh.jpg

b8eM7Q8h.jpg

5 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

there are many cool GA foreign editions

Let me know if you want to move that Texan variant.

14 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Here's Ghostly Weird Stories #1 from the UK, with a pickup of the LB Cole cover from the US title. Check out the EC ad on the back too! :)

2qimt6t.jpg

vjoxy.jpg

My chum @Kevin.J has one in his sig line,but I can't tell if it's the same..no 'stickers,but fairly sure his is a UK as well.

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

My chum @Kevin.J has one in his sig line,but I can't tell if it's the same..no 'stickers,but fairly sure his is a UK as well.

:headbang:

If by 'stickers' you mean the two white labels on either side of the logo, the cover is actually printed with those two white areas; no stickers to speak of. A rather clumsy change to the cover art by the UK printer I guess.

15 minutes ago, Point Five said:

:headbang:

If by 'stickers' you mean the two white labels on either side of the logo, the cover is actually printed with those two white areas; no stickers to speak of. A rather clumsy change to the cover art by the UK printer I guess.

ah,that's what I meant,not actually pasty stickers.

Maybe Kev will chime in and let us know the scoop on his.

There might be only just a few copies left. It has Atlas spy and war stories.

Got some more but without being able to get into my Photophuckit files, I can't post them now. I've been working on cleaning up my photo files but it will take me a while.

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

There might be only just a few copies left. It has Atlas spy and war stories.

Got some more but without being able to get into my Photophuckit files, I can't post them now. I've been working on cleaning up my photo files but it will take me a while.

I wonder what the blacked out word balloon said?

Mijael, is there any information of what has been reprinted in spanish and what the value is? They seem to be even more expensive than their us counterparts. Ive seen many pre code Horror books. Atlas Subby etc. Is there a fandom in south america, mexico? 

Edited by GermanFan