• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Golden Age Foreign Editions
4 4

204 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, GermanFan said:

Mijael, is there any information of what has been reprinted in spanish and what the value is? They seem to be even more expensive than their us counterparts. Ive seen many pre code Horror books. Atlas Subby etc. Is there a fandom in south america, mexico? 

There is this website with some covers , but no values . http://www.bauldelcomic.com/inicio.php  Some people from the FCC (foreign comics collectors ) is recording the sales i think..  , i seen some rare Mexican birds selling for more than the US editions at ebay but those are silver age not golden age ... Its all about demand and the silver age marvel keys like FF48 or FF52 have some demand 

Do you find very many Austrailian GA books over there? My wife is from Melbourne and I have been "down under" many times. I do a lot of "picking" at stores, flea markets ect. and have found a lot of cool stuff but very few GA comics. Especially the versions of US comics like that cool Planet.

35 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Do you find very many Austrailian GA books over there? My wife is from Melbourne and I have been "down under" many times. I do a lot of "picking" at stores, flea markets ect. and have found a lot of cool stuff but very few GA comics. Especially the versions of US comics like that cool Planet.

They are very hard to find. I've been collecting Australian Planets for four years, and I've bought every one that has come to market that I'm aware of. I now have 7 of them, from 24 thought to exist. My best source has been eBay, and I've bought Australian GA from pretty much everywhere in the English speaking world.

4 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Someone just got a big batch from the other company , hundreds of foreign books , within those books a lot of Australian GA , some Planet Comics 

Link for the Google impaired?

9 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

Hey guys, thanks for the heads up on a great thread Jimmers.

The Ghostly Weird in my sig line is a US copy, there was a UK copy on Ebay UK recently, that was the first and only copy I have ever seen.

I only collect US comics but have acquired lots of UK and foreign editions over the years into side collections, I don't actively seek them out but always find them intriguing

Heres a group shot what I took recently to show to Jimmers, I guess that most fit here :)

1 hour ago, GermanFan said:

I d like to have the Spellbound (Heath worm cover).

Great stuff, guys!  (thumbsu

13 hours ago, AJD said:

Link for the Google impaired?

Cant find the video , its at FB i will search youtube later , but here ´s an image of his batch , you will see a 9.6 Australian planet copy , check the Mexican TEC 233 7.5  impressive (he paid $800 at ebay for that copy , i remember that auction) ..

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

18 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

5968788ac16d5_Streamlinegroupshot.thumb.JPG.1e525ea957317a7d327c5911490aed9b.JPG

Kevin, circling back to this photo. The two Planets in the upper right and the "Mars Comics" with the Planet #65 cover are all UK editions from the early 50s, correct? Would love to see scans sometime when time allows. :)

On 7/13/2017 at 7:57 AM, Duffman_Comics said:

I'd also bet there was a gun "edited" from the first panel - now it looks like a hand holding smoke.

Happened in OZ with censored EC panels just prior to the Code introduction.

Can't believe I missed that the first time.