• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Golden Age Foreign Editions
4 4

204 posts in this topic

This thread is right up my alley.  I'll try to jump in when I have more time.

Meanwhile, here are a couple panels from a French reprint of the Detective #30 (I believe) Batman story, the return of Doctor Death.  Reprinted not long after the story originally appeared.  I'll fill in the details later...

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

IMG_8979.JPG

On 7/18/2017 at 6:53 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

Nice Batman ! you have the cover or are those news stripes?

I want to show you this (Mexican Yellow Claw) , i love the orange cover and i am trying to find the other three ..hope this is still GA 1956

They are from a newspaper reprint, so no cover.  But I do have the full story in four instalments. 

On 7/14/2017 at 9:00 AM, Kevin.J said:

Hey guys, thanks for the heads up on a great thread Jimmers.

The Ghostly Weird in my sig line is a US copy, there was a UK copy on Ebay UK recently, that was the first and only copy I have ever seen.

I only collect US comics but have acquired lots of UK and foreign editions over the years into side collections, I don't actively seek them out but always find them intriguing

Heres a group shot what I took recently to show to Jimmers, I guess that most fit here :)

5968788ac16d5_Streamlinegroupshot.thumb.JPG.1e525ea957317a7d327c5911490aed9b.JPG

Great stuff, Kev. Could you do close up scans of the Mars and Planet comics with the #17 cover? Never seen those before!:foryou:

14 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Here is one I no longer own - fascinated by the change in colors from the original!

It is most awesome.  (thumbsu

I'll see your #3, and raise you a #4 and #5!

ukplanet4.jpg.0326bdbffd3499c688900629c5a02fd7.jpg

ukplanet5.jpg.ccde9792bc3d93d12bad55c74913d447.jpg

I've picked up a number of cool UK comics in the last year or two. Here's the two-issue run of Secret Service, with covers redrawn from US editions of Manhunt...

uksecretservice1.jpg.c641800c25ce1d3de1fad1ecdd616715.jpg

Edited by Point Five

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

How about a cool Mexican edition of Vault of Horror #37? I love how they brand it as an "ED" in stead of EC. Copyright infringement? Dated 1960.

comexicanec.jpg

Very nice ... if you mean ES its Editorial Sol and they had the rights . Those editorial sol are extremly scarce