• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Golden Age Foreign Editions
4 4

204 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Very nice ... if you mean ES its Editorial Sol and they had the rights . Those editorial sol are extremly scarce 

What I meant was it has an "ED" under the Crypt Keeper's face. I always thought it was an EC ripoff. I had 4 of these at one time. Just kept this one because I'm an EC guy.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Great stuff, Kev. Could you do close up scans of the Mars and Planet comics with the #17 cover? Never seen those before!:foryou:

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:55 AM, Point Five said:

Kevin, circling back to this photo. The two Planets in the upper right and the "Mars Comics" with the Planet #65 cover are all UK editions from the early 50s, correct? Would love to see scans sometime when time allows. :)

Apologies to Point Five for the lateness of my reply, I missed it first time around :foryou:

Yes they are all UK editions, here are the scans as requested

Mars.jpg

Planet Adventure book.png

Planet.jpg

Edited by Kevin.J

3 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

Apologies to Point Five for the lateness of my reply, I missed it first time around :foryou:

Yes they are all UK editions, here are the scans as requested

No hurry, Kevin.  :grin:  Great stuff! 

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

What I meant was it has an "ED" under the Crypt Keeper's face. I always thought it was an EC ripoff. I had 4 of these at one time. Just kept this one because I'm an EC guy.

EyD is the Mexican distributor logo for EXPORTER AND DISTRIBUTOR OF EDITIONS S.A.

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, mikeyc67 said:

A couple of pick ups - UK Batman (Mr Freeze), Superman, First Ant Man in Costume (sorry Silver Age) and Lucky Coyne Comics

IMG_0517.JPG

Nice comics, but I think the Batman and Superman are Australian editions (the Colour Comics logo is an Australian printer), Check the  GCD here and here )

We have this book listed for sale on the web-site. It contains four pages of the story from Detective 38 (origin of Robin) along with various other comic strips from the US and Europe...

large-pif-paf_54_cgc.jpg

On 8/4/2017 at 1:34 AM, sagii said:

An Australian romance book i snagged a few weeks ago, the cover echos movie posters of the era. Interiors are b&w, and stories from various Prize romance comics i believe.

Love Dramas #3 (Australian).jpg

Brilliant book Corey! Now on my ever-expanding want list.