• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,040 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PopKulture said:

I'm totally stoked you've resurrected your very own "junk" thread. I for one will never tire of looking at your amazing collection. Rock on, Robot Man!

Thanks Pop. Now that I have, I guess I need to start posting in it... I promise I will as time permits. What hold me back a little is Photophuckit crapping on me. I can now only post photos direct from my home computer. And when I get home I am often distracted. 

22 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks Pop. Now that I have, I guess I need to start posting in it... I promise I will as time permits. What hold me back a little is Photophuckit crapping on me. I can now only post photos direct from my home computer. And when I get home I am often distracted. 

I'm hoping for the "Bride of My 50-Year Junk Obsession" thread. :) 

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

Thinking about all the mind-bendingly fun junk you have...how on earth did you ever settle on an avatar?

Good question! But settle he did and it perfectly suits his free-wheelin' (not Franklin) way, especially when he's in a mood to crack wise.

You know how they say people eventually look like their dog and vice versa? Robot Man is somehow well represented by a Japanese toy. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, PopKulture said:

Good question! But settle he did and it perfectly suits his free-wheelin' (not Franklin) way, especially when he's in a mood to crack wise.

You know how they say people eventually look like their dog and vice versa? Robot Man is somehow well represented by a Japanese toy. (thumbsu

This is what I think Robot Man looked like as a kid...:grin:

robot kid.jpg

Good grief, RM, your cup runneth over!

And how many ways to Sunday can they rip off Robby? Every one you showed cooler than the next, and each with its own personality - some seem jovial, some menacing, and even a tragic or sympathetic one or two. Great stuff.

36 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

I still remember Robbie driving the transporter like a maniac early in the movie.

Yep, that scene sticks in my mind, too, along with him carrying the lead shielding - "The whole load hardly comes to ten tons."

And boy did that movie have some of the best painted space backgrounds of any of the great 50's sci-fi films. Classic all-around!