• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,040 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Excellent work Lizards. Maybe some body can go on the web and swipe some of those to post here?  :devil:

Thy will be done  (worship)

Edited by lizards2

Another collecting theme I toyed with is what I call the Men on the Mantel collection

image.thumb.png.6729fbadedf2c8c57e5bb19487570fd3.png

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I went ahead and bought one of the Going Steady copies I was watching off eBay, since I was posting this here.  Otherwise, one of the pre-code whoor comic collectors would buy it and post it up in the GA/SA/BA Sale Thread for $400.

lol@porcupine48

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I went ahead and bought one of the Going Steady copies I was watching off eBay, since I was posting this here.  Otherwise, one of the pre-code whoor comic collectors would buy it and post it up in the GA/SA/BA Sale Thread for $400.

lol@porcupine48

I need one of those now.

Jealous of that b bar b riders.lmk if you upgrade.

24 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
32 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

lol@porcupine48

I need one of those now.

Jealous of that b bar b riders.lmk if you upgrade.

Those were all scans I swiped on eBay  - there is another Going Steady on eBay, but it looked chunky.  I do have a copy of the Bobby Benson book though.

I will have a Going Steady undercopy sometime in the future - will keep you in mind, since you're buying thousand dollar books now..., lol

3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

lol@porcupine48

Going Steady is a tough one. Guides for nothing so most dealers don't want to bother. First time I saw it, I wanted it but couldn't find it. Then along came Mr Bedrock to my rescue. WAY under priced in OStreet I think.

The undergrounds are just off the hook! I have a couple of those. I think you hit all the covers in that subset I can think of but I will take a look...

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Going Steady is a tough one. Guides for nothing so most dealers don't want to bother. First time I saw it, I wanted it but couldn't find it. Then along came Mr Bedrock to my rescue. WAY under priced in OStreet I think.

The undergrounds are just off the hook! I have a couple of those. I think you hit all the covers in that subset I can think of but I will take a look...

I'm always interested in finding more!

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Those were all scans I swiped on eBay  - there is another Going Steady on eBay, but it looked chunky.  I do have a copy of the Bobby Benson book though.

I will have a Going Steady undercopy sometime in the future - will keep you in mind, since you're buying thousand dollar books now..., lol

TRADING Liz,trading lol comic rich,cash poor.

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I got a nice one for trade. Been looking for a nice Spirit comic...

Pretty sure yours is nicer than mine,no?

I just got into imgur today,so i'll post it soon if I can find my camera thingamajig. 

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Your right that must be a tough one a i don't ever recall seeing it before..........i can't even see which number it is ??

# 19