• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,075 posts in this topic

And I hear the toe tapping. Yes there were comics. Not a ton of them but the word is out and a little more than usual. I missed out on about 8 nice GA books including some cool Timely and Atlas superheroes. Priced out a little less than guide and discounted.

1FFF901D-645C-4B82-A604-A95CBB0215CE.jpeg

97879FD3-F087-4E20-A975-2F491522439E.jpeg

685F23A1-33D7-4291-9796-49947301B326.jpeg

F98A2C1E-7E67-4985-AC68-E09E4D49DED4.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 8/14/2021 at 9:05 PM, Robot Man said:

Lots of super beautiful advertising signs and figures. I love this stuff but shows like American Pickers have just pushed the prices through the roof. 

Costs nothing to look though. 

85F0026B-9480-44E3-9A82-04D2F00B74C1.jpeg

CE933671-8BAD-453B-B65D-906458EAAAFF.jpeg

These signs were particularly beautiful. I'd have a hard time believing they were ever actually in use but seems more like they were found in their boxes undistributed from the condition. Some of them were shining like they were brand new!

Sorry I missed you Robot Man you must have been out of your booth when we went by as we took in every aisle.

If this show is 1st Rate, how's come they didn't have Lex Luger signing autographs ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... looks like fun, seriously. They have once a year, the Hillsville Fleamarket, covers a whole mountain top .... ever been ?

On 8/15/2021 at 11:01 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

These signs were particularly beautiful. I'd have a hard time believing they were ever actually in use but seems more like they were found in their boxes undistributed from the condition. Some of them were shining like they were brand new!

Sorry I missed you Robot Man you must have been out of your booth when we went by as we took in every aisle.

There are a couple sellers that specialize in NOS signs. I can’t even imagine where they find them or how much they have to pay. I personally like mine a little “weathered”. Makes them look a lot more authentic. 

On 8/15/2021 at 11:03 AM, jimjum12 said:

If this show is 1st Rate, how's come they didn't have Lex Luger signing autographs ? GOD BLESS...

... looks like fun, seriously. They have once a year, the Hillsville Fleamarket, covers a whole mountain top .... ever been ?

Never heard of it. Where and when is it? Haven’t been in a few years but we used to go to the Brimfield show in MA in May. A week long series of different flea markets in the Berkshire mountains. Always found tons of stuff. 

On 8/15/2021 at 11:24 PM, Robot Man said:

Never heard of it. Where and when is it? Haven’t been in a few years but we used to go to the Brimfield show in MA in May. A week long series of different flea markets in the Berkshire mountains. Always found tons of stuff. 

Hillsville, Virginia .... a huge annual Flea Market that shuts down the entire town for a week. My friend Lewis has made a few comic finds there, but it has so much more. It's HUGE. GOD BLESS...

On 8/15/2021 at 8:24 PM, Robot Man said:

Brimfield was great when I used to go

Could walk around all day and not see half the vendors

On 8/16/2021 at 2:50 AM, jimjum12 said:

Hillsville, Virginia .... a huge annual Flea Market that shuts down the entire town for a week. My friend Lewis has made a few comic finds there, but it has so much more. It's HUGE. GOD BLESS...

Wow, that sounds like fun. Makes me think of the longest garage sale that goes through several southern states. 

My wife and I drove from Asheville, NC to Nashville on back roads once. Just beautiful country. We hit all the out of the way antique stores and small local flea markets. I didn’t find much except in a barn that someone tipped us off to. Got a bunch of pulps and advertising signs. 

I learned quickly not to tell anyone I was from CA. They figured we are all rich and raised their prices. Joke was on them though because they had no idea of the CA market. I was happy to be “ripped off” by them...:roflmao:

On 8/16/2021 at 5:45 AM, NP_Gresham said:

Brimfield was great when I used to go

Could walk around all day and not see half the vendors

No kidding. What is cool is it a series of smaller shows with different start and stop dates. There were shows that go on all week in the same place and ones that are open only for a few hours or one day. 

First time we went we were overwhelmed. After several trips there we learned the best ones and how to navigate them. 

Just a massive group of shows. Anything could turn up there. Over the years I bough everything from pinbacks buttons to motorcycles. I loved the political and sports stuff the most. Stuff that just doesn’t turn up on the west coast. 

Interesting how different the market is across the country is on non comic book items. A lot of stuff like surfing/skateboarding, Disneyland, car culture stuff is so hot here but not so much on the East Coast. Some things like vintage sports stuff is hot every where. So I got some killer deals by knowing this. 

I tell people to put Brimfield on their “bucket list”. Every time I go, I am blown away!

Google it...

Edited by Robot Man

Hey Bob hope all's fab for you my excellent chum.

Reading some old DC SA'ers I came across this advert thought it was waaay cool and then thought of you.

Ever see one in your fabled travels?Sorry it's sideways I don't have the acumen to flip it right now

240497218_4157156794410484_5858960508500

@porcupine48

Hey Jimmers Good for you to drop in buddy! Doing pretty good here. Hope you are safe and doing the same.

Great piece. Had one once but this is Surf City and I was seduced by Dead presidents so I sold it. Hard item to find.

I have kept this cool post war garbage truck though...

8EDEF1AA-C57B-4A0F-86BC-ED82BF48E1ED.jpeg

Thanks Bob! Good to hear things are well,we're keeping safe here too.

That's great that you had one.It looked like it might be one of those harder to find copycatish items.I didn't research,figured I'd go the fun old fashioned way and ask a friend! Do you remember if it was decent quality?

Your item sure is swell!I'm guessing it has some weight to it?

It is just your standard plastic model kit. Quite a few pieces if I remember right. Cool box. Not easy to find in the wild.

My truck is a Marx toy and made of pressed steel. Bought it and a few others at a house sale. All were amazing condition. I don’t really know why, but I really liked it. 

Got this first book in the mail yesterday and realized I had a bunch more. I'm pretty sure I did a subset of guys coming through an open window but not these. I'm still lacking probably the coolest one of all and one of my favorite GA covers. @MrBedrock...

So, post your "Mirror covers"

comadvsintounknown21a.jpg