Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
13 13

2,490 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Excellent work Lizards. Maybe some body can go on the web and swipe some of those to post here?  :devil:

Thy will be done  (worship)

Edited by lizards2

Another collecting theme I toyed with is what I call the Men on the Mantel collection

image.thumb.png.6729fbadedf2c8c57e5bb19487570fd3.png

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I went ahead and bought one of the Going Steady copies I was watching off eBay, since I was posting this here.  Otherwise, one of the pre-code whoor comic collectors would buy it and post it up in the GA/SA/BA Sale Thread for $400.

lol@porcupine48

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I went ahead and bought one of the Going Steady copies I was watching off eBay, since I was posting this here.  Otherwise, one of the pre-code whoor comic collectors would buy it and post it up in the GA/SA/BA Sale Thread for $400.

lol@porcupine48

I need one of those now.

Jealous of that b bar b riders.lmk if you upgrade.

24 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
32 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

lol@porcupine48

I need one of those now.

Jealous of that b bar b riders.lmk if you upgrade.

Those were all scans I swiped on eBay  - there is another Going Steady on eBay, but it looked chunky.  I do have a copy of the Bobby Benson book though.

I will have a Going Steady undercopy sometime in the future - will keep you in mind, since you're buying thousand dollar books now..., lol

3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

lol@porcupine48

Going Steady is a tough one. Guides for nothing so most dealers don't want to bother. First time I saw it, I wanted it but couldn't find it. Then along came Mr Bedrock to my rescue. WAY under priced in OStreet I think.

The undergrounds are just off the hook! I have a couple of those. I think you hit all the covers in that subset I can think of but I will take a look...

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Going Steady is a tough one. Guides for nothing so most dealers don't want to bother. First time I saw it, I wanted it but couldn't find it. Then along came Mr Bedrock to my rescue. WAY under priced in OStreet I think.

The undergrounds are just off the hook! I have a couple of those. I think you hit all the covers in that subset I can think of but I will take a look...

I'm always interested in finding more!

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Those were all scans I swiped on eBay  - there is another Going Steady on eBay, but it looked chunky.  I do have a copy of the Bobby Benson book though.

I will have a Going Steady undercopy sometime in the future - will keep you in mind, since you're buying thousand dollar books now..., lol

TRADING Liz,trading lol comic rich,cash poor.

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I got a nice one for trade. Been looking for a nice Spirit comic...

Pretty sure yours is nicer than mine,no?

I just got into imgur today,so i'll post it soon if I can find my camera thingamajig. 

5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

this is a tough one to find - got my copy in a cd4ever Saturday night drunk-fest here on the boards.

744171.jpg

Your right that must be a tough one a i don't ever recall seeing it before..........i can't even see which number it is ??

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Your right that must be a tough one a i don't ever recall seeing it before..........i can't even see which number it is ??

# 19