• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,073 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Photophuckit ate 'em up...

But here they are again my long eared friend with a bonus...

bugsbunnypremiums.jpg

bugsbunny.jpg

Just KILLER! All of it.

And The Looney Tune Club and Kiddie Kartoon Klub pins :luhv:

On 8/15/2017 at 8:32 PM, Robot Man said:

ever heard of these and probably never will again. Very happy I took the chance. This seller will be getting a glowing feedback later tonight!

felixfrenchbook1.jpg

Very cool items. Here's a link to a large French sellers of books from that period. He has # 12 from that series (1936) in "Good Shape" listed for 70 Euros. Good get (thumbsu

http://www.grenierdesbd.com/pages/albums_f.html [Scroll down to find the item]

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Man, I'm "junk drunk"! Four solid days...

Warning, my All American Collectors Show report coming up tomorrow (even with comics!)

Here's what 6K worth of toys look like...

IMG_1222.jpg

Please make a detailed mention about the Snoopy among the others. Very interesting looking toy there.....

Well, the All American Collector's Show is in the books. This is the best show of it's kind in So Cal. Happens twice a year. The best of the best shows up here. Mostly Toys and Advertising pieces but, as you will see, there is "other stuff" as well. The deep pocket people all show up here including sometimes, movie, music and sports stars. Here's a couple views of the floor. There is a stage area as well as 3 big side rooms.

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

Here is my humble table. There is so much very pricey high end stuff in the room that I took a bit of a different approach this year. I brought a lot of affordable stuff in the $20-$300. range. I figured, there were a lot of folks who just wouldn't pay big money and I think I got it right. I had stellar sales. I brought a few big "high end" items and sold them to dealers for full asking before the show opened so I made out real well overall.

IMG_1186.jpg

The guy that sets up next to be is a big high powered attorney with lots of money. He has bought like a drunken sailor for 40 years. He has multiples of nearly everything. His thing is tin wind-up and battery toys. Robots, Space, Comic Character, Vehicles ect. Just mind blowing stuff but usually not a whole lot of super rare stuff which he is still keeping.

This table was FULL at the time the show opened. Here is what he had an hour later. It was a feeding frenzy. There was one local guy with cash to burn, some guy with deep pockets from Germany who flew in and another guy that bought most everything he had. This stuff mostly had problems but wasn't priced cheap. They ranged from maybe $100-$1200 each. The photo on the bottom was $6K worth of toys. It kind of made me sick to see them just being crammed into a box.

Two hours after the show started he left with an empty table and $23K! He showed up the next day and did the same thing! I only got one toy from him at a great price because he likes me...

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

My good buddy Randy always shows up with the most odd and cool stuff priced to sell. One of the most fun booths in the place! He had one of the coolest signs I've ever seen. It was for a trailer park in the '40's-'50's with an old car and an early airstream trailer pictured on it's beautiful porcelean front. It sold so fast I didn't get a picture...

IMG_1211.jpg

So what did I get (other than a pile of dead presidents)? This cool International Crime Patrol came to my table and I got an incredible deal on it. Yes, another "Paul" copy from the buyer of the collection. Last one he had that he forgot about. Also, my buddy next to me sold me this very rare robot for a very friendly price because I helped him out.

cominternationalcrimepatrol6.jpg

robotcragstantalking.jpg

All in all, had a great show. I only saw ONE boardie there Brenholt. (Good to see you Mark!) Shame on you other guys. You really missed out. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut. That way, I can scoop up all the goodies myself. Next one is third week in January. Two weeks before Terry's killer Yorba Linda show.

Oh, if three days of this wasn't enough...I got up before the crack of dawn and went to the huge Long Beach Antique Flea Market on Sunday. Not many comics. Got a few 10 cent Flash and DC war books but did score this cool item.

Dang, I'm beat. Had to take today off work to recover...

MadMadMadGame.1jpg.jpg

MadMadMadGame.2.jpg

MadMadMadGame.3.jpg