• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
17 17

1,545 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 3:24 PM, BitterOldMan said:

You guys are sounding a lot like Robert Crumb.

67AC1034-2751-4101-A3E2-0B17454E5DD7.jpeg.71b7e0d23d42c5e95fdd14e7fe2a3d06.jpeg

Crumb has one of the best collections of rare blues and jazz 78’s out there. The book I posted above is full of stories like this.

I remember as a teenager an older friend took me over to Bob Hite (of Canned Heat) house in Topanga Canyon. I’d never seen so many 78s. Wall to wall blues and jazz. Wonder what happened to that collection? 

I just finished this set of 15 stickers called the 1990 Marvel Prism set. They're really nice but it was an unauthorized series, not sanctioned by Marvel. The back of each card says "Kodak Paper" so they were probably done in someone's basement. In 1990, they were found in vending machines like the one shown.

1990 Marvel Prism camera2.JPG

1990 Marvel Prism card BACK.jpg

1990 Marvel Prism card machine.jpg

On 7/28/2022 at 8:18 PM, Robot Man said:

Crumb has one of the best collections of rare blues and jazz 78’s out there. The book I posted above is full of stories like this.

I remember as a teenager an older friend took me over to Bob Hite (of Canned Heat) house in Topanga Canyon. I’d never seen so many 78s. Wall to wall blues and jazz. Wonder what happened to that collection? 

Crumb has a lot of CD cover art out there and also plays banjo with the East River String Band. Here's some of the CDs.  

filmo 701.jpg

filmo 702.jpg

filmo 696a.JPG

Edited by Ameri
added pic

On 7/29/2022 at 3:57 AM, Timeless icons said:

Rare video game display pieces that Best Buy and Gamestop used to advertise upcoming games. I placed a DVD to show a sense of scale. Porsche collectibles are always cool when I see them and I just picked up an Ultraviolet life size toy in April with only 225 miles on it. 2016 GT3RS 

gaming group frame shot.jpg

Ragnarok custom frame.jpg

fall of cybertron frame.jpg

deadpool custom frame 2.jpg

deadpool custom frame 1.jpg

mass effect 3 custom frame.jpg

old porsche model.jpg

porsche blanket w cars.jpg

my uv gt3rs at car show.jpg

nice

On 7/28/2022 at 5:18 PM, Robot Man said:

My memory is that Kareem had a great collection but it was destroyed in a fire.  Any remember?

On 9/19/2022 at 5:51 PM, eccomic said:

I also collect watches :wink:

IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6073.JPG

IMG_6072.JPG

IMG_6074.JPG

Those are fantastic!!  Love the Daytona!!  I don't have a Speedy yet, but perhaps one day...

The Longines is spectacular - I have one, but it's a 1970s/80s quartz - so not as cool as yours.

I am not familiar with Royce watches, but thats kind of cool!

PDG

On 9/19/2022 at 1:57 PM, pmpknface said:

Just picked up a new watch. It's not old,  but has that feel to it.  Also got a watch winder that has a few empty slots I hope to fill up over time. 

20220919_135502.jpg

Sweet watch