• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

As satisfying as Avengers: Endgame's third act action set piece was, it had some VFX lapses. One error involving Star-Lord was spotted by Reddit user meesa_lukai. During the film's big "Avengers Assemble" moment, Peter Quill can be seen flying as the heroes charged towards Thanos and his minions, but he only has propulsors on his shoes. This small detail being pointed out caused many users to ask how exactly Star-Lord is able to fly will so little power. 

This isn't the first error spotted in the Avengers: Endgame final battle. There was also a point in the fight where Spider-Man's (Tom Holland) hand was just hovering over Valkyrie's (Tessa Thompson) shoulder instead of properly hanging on, as Peter Parker rode her unicorn to get the Infinity Gauntlet far from Thanos. Meanwhile, during Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and Pepper Potts' (Gwyneth Paltrow) team-up, there is a moment in which the latter appears to be shooting at nothing. But unlike these mix-ups, Star-Lord's improbably flying could possibly be explained by a later shot of him wearing a proper jetpack. Perhaps the jetpacks was a detail that the VFX artists missed adding in to this particular scene.

477669146_Screenshot_20220111-0645492.thumb.png.5ac2190a2224c3b2bf0169f090536014.png

“It’s big; it’s so, so big and dark, and different from what people might be expecting it to be,” Gunn teased from the Marvel production’s set in Atlanta.

“I just want to be true to the characters, the story and give people the wrap-up that they deserve for the story,” Gunn continued, “That’s always a little bit scary; I’m doing my best.”

“I’m aware that the third film in most trilogies sucks; not always,” he added.

Speaking to Variety, Iwuji expressed his excitement at working with Gunn again on a larger project, but also teased how his Guardians of the Galaxy 3 character is vastly different from Peacemaker's Murn. Saying that the role requires a "very different" performance to Murn, Iwuji said he and Gunn worked closely together to bring the character to life. Iwuji then elaborated on his characters' personality, calling him the "opposite" to the more contained, composed Murn. Finally, the actor confirmed that his mystery character would interact with everyone in the main cast. Check out Iwuji's full response below.

"The production is so big. James and I, we're picking up where we left off. [The character] is very different from Murn. It requires different stuff from me. The way James works with me is pretty much the same, which is he trusts my choices – but at the same timee when I give him a choice, he's ready to push it further. He's making me push myself. This character needs an extremism that I didn't need to really tap into in Peacemaker that I'm tapping into here. Our relationship remains the same, one of enjoyment, mutual love and trust ... It's a lot different. Murn is a very contained guy with bursts of anger and emotion. What I'm dealing with is a completely different guy, who, let's just say, is the extreme opposite of Murn in many ways. It's a different kind of world and universe ... I can't say who I'm opposite the most, but I will say I interact with everyone. I'll give you that nugget. I get to share that love."

Speaking with Variety on the heels of the buzzworthy Peacemaker finale, the director revealed that DC actually shot Chukwudi Iwuji's screen test for the threequel. The actor is confirmed to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 but in an unknown role. Apparently, this was DC's way of reciprocating Marvel filming Ezra Miller's surprise cameo in Peacemaker.

"Actually, Marvel shot [Ezra] for us, while we’re shooting 'Guardians Vol. 3' [...] Marvel owed DC, because the 'Peacemaker' crew shot my screen test for Chukwudi for 'Guardians Vol. 3'. And then we got Ezra with the 'Guardians Vol. 3' crew."

Guardians Of The Galaxy’s Zoe Saldana Explains What It’s Like On The Set Of Vol. 3

Production on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is still rolling along down in Atlanta, Georgia (principal photography having begun last November), and the star best known for her role as Gamora in the Marvel Cinematic Universe recently told ScreenRant about what making the movie has been like. Saldana noted that restrictions from the pandemic have had an impact on experience, but it seems that what's more significant for her is what's happening with the cast and crew emotionally.

"I have to say we're dealing with a lot of adversities, which is COVID and scheduling and things like that. But when we're there, we're having such a wonderful time, you know? It's a bittersweet moment because it is our understanding that this will be the last Guardians of the Galaxy. So it's bitter in that sense, but it's sweet because we are all very grateful to have lived this journey together and James Gunn really is giving us a beautiful ending, and this story is really compelling."