• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RedRaven said:

Going a bit far-afield from the immediate topic...

For years, as long as I have been using email, I have always heard, in various forms, "don't put anything in email you wouldn't want the entire world to know". It absolutely astounds me the things people will post using their real identities on public forums where there is no expectation of privacy.

Yeah, I'm always telling my 15 year old , " Just remember anything and everything you post on the internet will be there forever waiting to come back and bite you on the butt."

8 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I know these forums are not supposed to be riddled with political commentary, but there seems to be a huge double standard in place when any affair, tweet or Facebook post can get you in hot water, unless you're the president of the country.  

It's a bit harder for a country to 'fire' a president than it is for a company to 'fire' an employee.

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

I think this might be in response that a rumor Warner might hire Gunn to do a DC movie, so this might make Disney take another look at the situation.

hm

These are the only questions you should be asking.

Did Disney know about these tweets prior to his hiring?

if yes, Disney seemed ok with the decision and accepted Gunn’s explanation. So what changed? 

All signs point to Disney being aware and accepting Gunn for better or worse. Does Disney have a right to change their mind? Of course, but Disney is as much as fault here. They knew Gunn, they knew about the tweets. I know for many here Disney can do no wrong and are free from criticism but they are the ones who hired then fired him under pressure. 

Its a cowards way out, good then but not good now.

FU Mouse. 

Yeah Disney can look this up whenever I decide to go work for them. 

Edited by jsilverjanet

That's the same article that CC posted but on another website.  That's interesting.  Almost like some PR machine is sending it out trying to get traction to make it happen.  If Disney does it, I wonder how they will get around the HR/legal implications for anyone else under their umbrella that was disciplined for the same thing?

Edited by Lucky Baru

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/james-gunn-guardians-of-the-galaxy-disney-firing-1202907016/

After a strong push to get James Gunn back as director of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” following his firing from the project, Disney and Marvel are standing by their decision to not reinstate him as helmer for the next installment. The decision came following a meeting between Gunn and studio chairman Alan Horn.

Insiders say Marvel president Kevin Feige was out of town and unable to attend. Sources added that while it was rumored that Feige was pushing to bring Gunn back, Feige stands by the studio’s decision to not bring back the “Guardians” director for the third installment.

Edited by PEP

Don't know if this had something to do with the recent decision.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/11/new-photos-surface-of-james-gunn-at-to-catch-a-predator-themed-party/

New photos have surfaced of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn attending what appears to be a pedophilia-themed costume party.

The first to uncover the photos appears to be the Daily Caller’s Ian Miles Cheong.

Recent reports indicated that Disney was actually planning on bringing James Gunn back into the fold.

33 minutes ago, PEP said:

Don't know if this had something to do with the recent decision.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/08/11/new-photos-surface-of-james-gunn-at-to-catch-a-predator-themed-party/

New photos have surfaced of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn attending what appears to be a pedophilia-themed costume party.

The first to uncover the photos appears to be the Daily Caller’s Ian Miles Cheong.

Recent reports indicated that Disney was actually planning on bringing James Gunn back into the fold.

With that much smoke there has to be some fire. He thought way to much about what that shower head felt like....I hope DC stays far away as well

Everyone should have a zero tolerance policy on this topic, so Disney made the right decision. I've seen 1st hand the damage it causes. It's a serious issue in Hollywood & bringing the offenders to light is way past due.

Edited by chezmtghut