• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doc Savage Marvel magazine.
2 2

25 posts in this topic

It's Sunday at it's raining (just for a change) so thought I would show one of my favourite Marvel magazine runs, Doc Savage, you can't go wrong with Ken Barr covers.

doc%20savage%201%20001_zpslkhfu3tg.jpg

Doc%20savage%202%20001_zpsy4p7caot.jpg

Doc%20savage%203%20001_zpszwesurwd.jpg

docsavage4_NEW_zps3827a588.jpg

Doc%20savage%205%20001_zpstiyjsves.jpg

Doc%20savage%206%20001_zpsnvriln8c.jpg

Doc%20savage%207%20001_zpsp3x8zmyf.jpg

And last but not least, #8 my favourite cover of this short run title.

Picture145.jpg

Super sweet looking copies, and great cover art.  How are the interior stories?

The character seems to be getting hot again with the movie starring The Rock scheduled for next year.

I was 12 years old when the Ron Ely Doc Savage Movie came out in the Summer of 1975. Me and a group of friends were dropped off to see it the day it was released in San Antonio, TX. There was a group of like 7 or 8 of us and we were the only people in the theater, it was dead. So we get out and are heading for the exit to wait for our ride home when the manager rushes up to us. We figured, , they want us to clean up the mess we left behind, but no, it was better than that. Ron Ely was running late but was on his way to make a surprise appearance at the theater, we were the only kids there that had watched the movie. The manager was desperate to keep us there so we got to sit around for 20-30 minutes waiting with the snack bar opened up for us at no charge. Got to meet Ron Ely and had a bunch of photos taken (never saw them in the newspaper) and got a stack of autographs on the promo poster (same image as Doc Savage #1 mag).

As a kid I was pretty excited, but looking back on it, it had to be a huge disappointment for Ron Ely to walk in and realize that the movie was going to bomb.