• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could "slab" anything, what would it be.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have so many books that "I want to get graded" that I was thinking about the reasoning behind it and figured there are some real differences in what books i want graded for what reasons.. so, here is the question(s) for everyone.

There are lots of books that i would like to have done just to hang on the wall.. that really arent what would be considered to be "HOT" or in demand.. but they are books I just personally like so this isnt about $$$ so yeah yeah i get ACTION #1 in a 10.0 so that's not the point.. this isnt about the value to the general public (other then on question #2).   Its just for fun, I have mine in mind and will voice mine later in here once i can find a few of the pictures.

If you could have any book graded, (meaning you dont have to have the book, this is just a "what if"):

1. What Regular (any year) book would you have done TO KEEP and why.

2. What book would you have done to sell later, or speculate, why?

3. What book and who's autograph would you want to have Signed and graded for SS (to keep), why? 

1. I've slabbed a fragile Mad 1 to protect it. I may do this with others, either due to fragility, or high grade and/or high value to the point that I do not wish to any longer open it multiple times.

2. If I'm slabbing to sell, it's nearing sell time. I'm not tying up capital in a slab for a book I don't intend to keep until it's near time to move it.

3. None. I cannot stand this trend as I still view autographs as writing on books. I will pass on autographed books.