• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay alert! Looks like another seller scam!

175 posts in this topic

Ironically I live about twenty minutes from where this seller is located. I sent him an email inquiring about viewing the books prior to bidding. I will let you know if he responds.

Funny how he lists the books as ungraded... but if you send them in to CGC they will grade out at what he lists.

Yet the few I looked at.. FF #3, SS #1 are sitting inside CGC innerwells.

Guess he musta scanned them before breaking them out to sell them RAW. confused-smiley-013.gif

Totally innocent right?

Ze-

Funny how he lists the books as ungraded... but if you send them in to CGC they will grade out at what he lists.

Yet the few I looked at.. FF #3, SS #1 are sitting inside CGC innerwells.

Guess he musta scanned them before breaking them out to sell them RAW. confused-smiley-013.gif

Totally innocent right?

Ze-

The guy probably feels that he covered himself legally by saying CCG will agree with this grading...NOT CGC. If I had those books in the conditions listed I'd take the effort to list them with an established seller. Oh wait, that's where he got the scans from. 27_laughing.gif

Good catch on the CCG.. I glossed over it.. I am almost 40 ya know..

Anyhow.. I wrote the seller asking about the scans..( The FF #3, and SS #1) and why some books are in a CGC type innerwell.. if they listed them as ungraded.. here is the replies I just got within minutes of my asking a question..

And for the record.. I only wrote the seller kyliedan through Ebay. I never contacted ANY bidders.

First reply.

got an email from one of the bidders and she said she got an email from you. I do not know what is going on right now either, so I would appreciate it if you could please wait to say things about me, until I know what is going on myself. I am really upset right now and I am so screwed if there is something bad going on that I do not know about. I appreciate you telling me about this. I sent both of your emails to my dealer and am waiting for her response. Thank you, Jamie (kyliedan)

Reply #2

Actually, I do not know what a CGC is or an innerwell for that matter. My name is Jamie by the way, I am a girl! I am a second party to this--these are not my comics. I sell these for a dealer. I never see the comics nor would I know what to look for and what is right or not right when compared to the listing. Thank you for bringing this stuff to my attention and I will forward everything you have said to her. Thank you. Jamie (kyliedan)

Ze-

Ironically I live about twenty minutes from where this seller is located. I sent him an email inquiring about viewing the books prior to bidding. I will let you know if he responds.

Seller just responded. No I can not view the books, they are in the possesion of a shipper the seller does not have them. Translation, I would stay away from this one.

Also just recieved this from the seller

I am waiting for a reply and will definitely pass it on as soon as I get it. I am just wondering in the meantime though, why does my dealer offer a money back guarantee if she is a scammer? Does she still get paid or something? Sorry if that is a stupid question but I just don’t understand how a scammer could get away with scamming people if they have to give back everyone’s money when they get caught anyway?? You know what I mean? Anyway, I am so pissed right now that I could just scream…I’m going to feel bad if she does have a good explanation.

Also she wants to talk through IM, and ask me what she should do.

I will report back what is discussed.

Should be a good story at least!

Ze-

I am a girl!

Ze-man, why was this important? I've read it three times but I must have missed something. Was she saying that being a girl she's not expected to know these obvious "boy related issues regarding funny books"? confused-smiley-013.gif

I just spoke with Jamie on the phone for quite awhile.

Long story short.. she found a job through craigs list, advertising for Ebay sellers. A person named Sandy Lovell(sp?) hired her to post auctions on Ebay..

She was told how to post in the auctions. How to accept payment. And she got to keep 20% of the winning bids.

But was told to deposit the money paid from Ebayers directly into a Bank account made at a certain bank.

This Jamie sounds very sincere ,legit, and scared. She is a newbie to comics, and Ebay in General, thought it was a way to make easy money. And did what she was told. But felt all along something was not right as this all unfolded.

She said she has kept every email from this Sandy person, and wants to know what she should do now.

I told her to come here, sign up.. tell her story if she really is innocent in all of this. Ask for help to get to the bottom of this story, and find out who this Lovell dealer/ lady is. We have plenty of savy folks here who can tell her a proper course of action.

Hope she comes on , and we can help her clear her name if she really proves to be innocent in all of this.

Ze-