• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay alert! Looks like another seller scam!

175 posts in this topic

innocentwoman, there's one thing you need to realize up front. If this "arrangement" you made is a scam, your Ebay account will be viewed as the guilty party and you need to start taking some responsibility.

You can talk all day about "doing nothing wrong", but you're the one listing the auctions, selling the comics, collecting the money, and will be left holding the bag if the "mystery lady with the ear ailment" scams you.

Really sit back and think about it. You don't have the physical items, you won't be shipping the items, and will not be doing any of the actual work outside of listing and accepting payments, but you're still being promised 20%?

Doesn't that set off alarm bells? No one pays 20% for a few key strokes unless it's a scam.

Yeah.. I guess I should change that.

I just love those old comic book adds.. cloud9.gif

I will replace it with an add for those cool X-Ray Specs... wait they can see through womens clothes....cant use that either.

Ok.. how bout a Joy Hand Buzzer..?.. no wait, that vibrates.

A Hypno Coin?... no, that could also be bad too.

Secret Spy Scope?... nope peeping Tom

Dangit.. WTF am I supposed to use as an Avatar then?

Onion Gum? Black Soap?

Ze-

Those Sea Monkeys! laugh.gif

Oh wait...

Somebody will want to spank them.

sorry.gif

Yep - once the legal investigation starts, all parties involved will be held equally culpable...should find out within the next 2 or 3 weeks if history is any indication as to ebay's "promptness". foreheadslap.gif

Helping out my friend Kenny who needs a new look.

zeman.jpg

poke2.gif

I knew somebody would beat me too it...

2 more pages to catch up. poke2.gif

Yep - once the legal investigation starts, all parties involved will be held equally culpable...should find out within the next 2 or 3 weeks if history is any indication as to ebay's "promptness". foreheadslap.gif

Officially dubs this the:

"Will eBay ever get it's Wheels in Motion Thread?"

confused-smiley-013.gif

I fully realize that it's my ebay account and reputation that get screwed here. Do you think I am happy about all of this? Don't you think that I would do everything different if I could? I was so happy about this opportunity when I first started, that I went on Ebay and checked out the link about Ebay assistants and started to get really excited about the possibilities.

I won't "talk" all day about being innocent...I guess you are sick of hearing it. I really don't have anything to say but that I am doing all of the things I need to do to get this straight and trying to get her caught. What else can I do?

from a quick seller search:

fastpaymentpp ( 10) 3 months CA, United States

Doesn't sound like AZ to me...

I got an offer from this person to buy a comic I was selling by ending the auction early! something was not right. If this person has an ebay account allready why need to sell through a 3rd party

I did call Ebay and left a message on their customer service voicemail. Thank you for the phone numbers. I also refunded everyone's money. Thanks.

Jamie, well as long as you refunded everybody's money, don't worry about the police banging on your door. It's not gonna happen. With everybody refunded, basically there is no one that can have a complaint about you as no one is out any money. Some buyers may be irritated by the whole thing, but they are not screwed.

So, with the winning buyers now out of the equation, it is between you, Ebay, the authorities and the scammer. You can sit back and relax and just contact Ebay (I know finding the right numbers and links is not easy) as well as the proper investigating authorities and then let them do their thing. Keep all e-mails and everything you have accumulated. Now it is time to see if anyone is willing to go after this scammer or just brush it under the rug, as with all buyers refunded, no one is going to be jumping up and down screaming about getting screwed, except for you (if you care to go forward with this).

You will of course need to follow through with Ebay to get your Ebay fees credited to your account. IF you are lucky, maybe they will refund your listing fees as well (that may be a stretch but it is worth a try). I may be putting my good judgment on the line here, but in this case I fully believe you and see no BS Meter here as some others have suggested. Good luck, try not to cry, no one is gonna come and take you away from your kids, and just finish up with this mess with a clear head.

And don't feel alone, this scamming business is nothing new. In one way or another, many people (including me) have been scammed by someone doing something dirty on Ebay. Again, good luck and don't drive yourself crazy or feel any guilt over this. Many smart people have fallen victim to a well thought out scam before. -----Sid

zeman.jpg

poke2.gif

By seeing this image show up 3 times, Kenny's bound to see it. yay.gif

He misses things quite easily being almost 40 and all. poke2.gif

Mica..

I zaw it.

I am now a Ze-man, from the Ze- who looks an awful lot like a Ze-Mon-key!

How could I not use it... it had my name on it and everything thumbsup2.gif

zeman.jpg

poke2.gif

I'm almost 40!

What was I typing about again... insane.gif

zeman.jpg

poke2.gif

I'm almost 40!

What was I typing about again... insane.gif

Hey, I passed 40 a year and a half ago. As long as you do a few situps and pushups while watching TV, take your fiber supplements and cut back on the alcohol intake, you can retain that memory at least a bit longer. Work on it.

I just hit 40 myself last month,I drink cases of Beck's every night,lay on my couch for weeks at a time,and shoot heroin in my eyeball every other night.So I would have to disagree with you on that one Gas B Man............ tongue.gif

I just hit 40 myself last month,I drink cases of Beck's every night,lay on my couch for weeks at a time,and shoot heroin in my eyeball every other night.So I would have to disagree with you on that one Gas B Man............ tongue.gif

To each his own health Squidmo. By the way, the last story in a Trilogy Of Terror ROCKED!!. Sorry to go OT on y'all. tongue.gif