• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay alert! Looks like another seller scam!

175 posts in this topic

Red Hook- She gave all money back to the winners and quit working for "Sandra." And she said she had to pay the Ebay fees. She is the person I told you guys about in the beginning who had emailed me to tell me "Sandra" was a scam artist. Earlier I said the email was from a guy, but that was because I assumed 'velvetdrums' was a guy--wrong of me to assume- Didn't know till yesterday when I was being a little detective that velvetdrums is a girl.

Anyway, I do not know if she reported to Ebay or not. I don't know what she did at all except for give back everyone's money. We are going to talk on the phone tonight after she gets off work to discuss this and see what we can come up with. She said she has already spoken with a guy in Phoenix who also was scammed by "Sandra."

I'm thinking there has to be something we can do to get her/him caught. There has got to be personal info linked to the account number she gave me to deposit in---I hope she isn't reading this, or she might close the account again for the 9th time.

Thanks to some of you--just wanted to let you know I am in the process of filing a claim with the IFCC.

Thanks again,

Jamie

That's great Jamie. After I was scammed over a year and a half ago, Comicwiz told me to report to them and I did. A lengthy report but it was worth it. Also reported my whole mess to Ebay. I figured I'd let them handle it from there with any additional help I could give if needed. Never heard back from either one. confused-smiley-013.gif I'm not sure it went anywhere at all. Pretty much came down to if I wanted to hire a lawyer or not to recoup my losses. Ya' know, there is just so much you can do. You can sue your scammer and try to recover the Ebay fees that you may have to pay, along with the hours that you put into working for this person, but since everybody was refunded, it just doesn't seem like a very big or important case from Ebay's or the IFCC's point of view.

Don't get me wrong, I say go for it all the way, but don't be surprised or disappointed if nothing happens and the scammer runs off to find his next victim.

Thanks to some of you--just wanted to let you know I am in the process of filing a claim with the IFCC.

Thanks again,

Jamie

You're welcome - from some of us.

I think it is ridiculous that eBay does not follow up on claims they get. I understand they are big, but why do they even have that department if they aren't going to run it? That is silly to me. I do plan to take this as far as I can go. "Sandra" probably assumes that it is too much trouble to catch her, and that is why she keeps doing it. I plan on following up with eBay as many times as I have to, same with IFCC.

Jamie

You're welcome - from some of us.

Something tells me that this speaks volumes yet is very subtle.

Redhook subtle?...... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif.. now THAT is funny..subtle.. good one thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

gossip.gif.. Actually I thought he was just answering her in turn for her some of you comment.