• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which method should I use for grading submittal?

4 posts in this topic

I was fortunate to find a copy of Walking Dead #1 in one of my comic boxes. It's a high grade, I didn't even know I had it and I probably didn't even read it when I bought it. I must have bought it back in 2003 and totally forgot about it. Anyway since the value of this book is highly dependent on the grade and it could conceivably be greater than the $3000 limit for express, how should I submit this for grading? Is the only way to do a walk through?

thanks,

Edited by Bob Sacamano
Typo in title

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I was fortunate to find a copy of Walking Dead #1 in one of my comic boxes. It's a high grade, I didn't even know I had it and I probably didn't even read it when I bought it. I must have bought it back in 2003 and totally forgot about it. Anyway since the value of this book is highly dependent on the grade and it could conceivably be greater than the $3000 limit for express, how should I submit this for grading? Is the only way to do a walk through?

thanks,

First off, I would wait until the hurricane challenge is over. Express is fine. Some may even suggest a lower tier and let CGC bump you if they see fit. Nice find in your personal stash ! Good luck and let us know how it graded.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:51 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

First off, I would wait until the hurricane challenge is over. Express is fine. Some may even suggest a lower tier and let CGC bump you if they see fit. Nice find in your personal stash ! Good luck and let us know how it graded.

I called CGC about the tiers on pressing and then grading due to the fact a book may be $800 prepress and $2000 after. Customer Service told me if Im happy with the lower tier of insurance they dont really care either. I personally wouldn't send it below standard-$1000 though. They will for sure bump you on a modern sub for obvious reasons.

On 9/7/2017 at 7:30 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

thanks,

To answer your question. Do you want it back in 5 days or 10? They go off normal raw fmv. Even if its a 9.8 you couldve seen it as a 9.4. Oh and CGC customer service is awesome.  They will answer all your questions. If the person on the phone doesnt know, someone who does will call you back.

Edited by Konrad5288