• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Topps Stickers 1975 & 1976
4 4

108 posts in this topic

I've been watching that complete graded set of these stickers on eBay the past few months.   I'm super tempted to crack a box or two of these stickers to send off for grading.  Has anyone here had these stickers graded?  I'm wondering what kind of grades I could expect from opening packs. I imagine they'd have to be pretty high to compare to the cost of leaving the box sealed.

On 6/8/2023 at 11:37 AM, Gus Landt said:

I've been watching that complete graded set of these stickers on eBay the past few months.   I'm super tempted to crack a box or two of these stickers to send off for grading.  Has anyone here had these stickers graded?  I'm wondering what kind of grades I could expect from opening packs. I imagine they'd have to be pretty high to compare to the cost of leaving the box sealed.

I’ve never had any graded. Good luck!

On 6/8/2023 at 2:37 PM, Gus Landt said:

Current state of the post bubble market - at PSA10 varying levels of profit can be made depending on the sticker. PSA9 for most stickers the grading + round trip shipping expenses will syphon off most or all profit. CGC9.5 falls closer to PSA9 than 10 in terms of current selling rates and collector perception.

It is critical to note the average sticker ripped from one if these packs will be a PSA 6 or 7, with one PSA8 perhaps every other pack. A clean fresh box if one is very lucky will yield 4-5 PSA9 and perhaps 1-2 PSA10 although getting zero 10s is more likely.

My opinion worth far more sealed due the rarity. If packs look nice get the packs themselves graded/slabbed

Edited by MAR1979

I was wondering if anyone could help me source the Sub-Mariner sticker from Australia made by Scanlens. From what I’ve been able to find these versions don’t say “ printed in USA “ on them . 

The other sticker I’m after is 1975/75 test . Never seen a picture of one any help would be amazing .

IMG_4555.png

IMG_4556.png

On 7/23/2023 at 7:45 PM, the1Luder said:

So much awesome information in this thread that helped me with my collection of this set.  I don't have any of the uncut sheets/information to contribute, but did pickup a few oddball and what seems to be printer waste that I've never come across (no reason to believe it's not legit, but maybe someone can shed some light) so thought I'd share.

1. Printed on 1975 Topps Football backs
  2. 1974 Marvel, 1975 Topps
  3. Not stickers and not die cut
  4. Color registration is way off so probably test prints on new plates/press
  5. Looks to be handcut and a terrible job at that
  6. Terrible condition so maybe it was cut from a tossed out test sheet
  7. All **, at least the ones that are visible
  8. Purchased from Connecticut (don't know if they did any printing there for this set)

1975 Printer Waste 1.jpg

1975 Printer Waste 2.jpg

1975 Printer Waste 3.jpg

1975 Printer Waste Single.jpg

I’d take submariner off your hands if available ?