• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Bill C said:

Okay, I signed up, edited which sites I want results from, and added a bunch of keywords... but I can't see my list of all saved keyword searches. What am I doing wrong? And now with saved searches, what happens next? Email updates with these saved searches?

At any rate, great idea for a site!

Go to Settings, click the Favorites button, enter your keywords, and click Update Your Options at the bottom.

Then, go to the Favorites pages (in the top toolbar). Click Check Now. Wait for the search to complete. Then, start tracking or discarding as you like! (thumbsu

Edited by BCarter27

8 minutes ago, Bill C said:

i can't click on the favorites button

Are you sure you are signed in? It should say Log Out in the upper right if you are logged in correctly.

When you click Setting, you should see three buttons: 

image.thumb.png.5f46371e1341f2c0e7d0d4c31e778816.png

Click Favorites (to the right of Sources), enter the keywords below, and click Update Your Options below that.

If that doesn't work, try to clear your cache and re-launch your browser. Then log back in and try again.

Or try a different browser. Firefox and Chrome are probably your best bets.

Let me know if that helps!

Edited by BCarter27

1 hour ago, Bill C said:

"If that doesn't work, try to clear your cache and re-launch your browser. Then log back in and try again.

Or try a different browser. Firefox and Chrome are probably your best bets."

Tried clearing and relaunching, didnt work unfortunately.

Tried Firefox but it warns me when I'm about to log in that "this connection is not secure"

Do you have any plugins like ScriptBlock (or similar) running that may be interfering with the site?

2 hours ago, Twanj said:

CAT is awesome but the Favorites page seems very unresponsive in Chrome. It keeps asking me to Kill or Wait on the page.

If you have a large number of keywords, it might be returning too many results. Try lowering the number of keywords temporarily. Then bulk discard the results. Add more keywords and then go back to the Favorites page. Bulk discard again if you have to.

On the Favorites page, you can also use the time or Specific filters to lower the results list.

4 hours ago, Bill C said:

Okay, I signed up, edited which sites I want results from, and added a bunch of keywords... but I can't see my list of all saved keyword searches. What am I doing wrong? And now with saved searches, what happens next? Email updates with these saved searches?

At any rate, great idea for a site!

When your keywords are added, don't forget to click on "update your options" at the bottom of the page. 
If it still does not work, send me a message (with the pseudo you used on CAT) and we'll look at your problem.

2 hours ago, Twanj said:

CAT is awesome but the Favorites page seems very unresponsive in Chrome. It keeps asking me to Kill or Wait on the page.

For now CAT is hosted on a quite small (and cheap) server and checking favorites on a large number of keywords for the first time may be really resource consuming. You might try first by unselecting the four eBay sources (auctions and BIN / Europe and US), bulk discard  non relevant items, then reselect eBay and do it again.
If it still does not work, send me a message.

Edited by NicoV

12 hours ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

Hmm, before I created an account and did a search for "Allred", my site wasn't coming back...once I signed in, then I got results.

You're right: when you're not connected, searches are restricted to ~ 30 websites, to not overload my server. I'll see later how it behaves, if I have to pay for a bigger server, and if I can remove this restriction.

This looks like a great tool...congrats on making it happen.

I did run into a little snag, when I use "Search for keywords" I typed in "Kirby" (no parentheses )  I then used the "Exclude keywords" field and added "Rip".

When the search was done I was still seeing Rip Kirby pieces and the word "Rip" in the Exclude keywords field was automatically replaced by "Kirby". So it changed to looking for "Kirby" and excluding "Kirby" (but still gave me all Kirby related artwork)

20 hours ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Amazing site...... ! @NicoV could you add my friends wonderful site moregreatart.com also please?

Done!  (but I removed their art from the "recently listed" page to not overload it)

19 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

That's marvellous @NicoV, well done. Just spent a few minutes checking out Ross Andru Spideys and found a few sites I'd not seen before. Great stuff. Good luck with it (thumbsu

17 hours ago, vodou said:

Incredible. Great job Nico. I expect sales volume for a lot of little guys to spike this week. I've already made a purchase ;)

34 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Was using the site last nite and stumbled upon a page I had wanted for along time, but had no idea it was available, many thanks !

I *LOVE* to read that. That's exactly what I want to do with ComicArtTracker, helping collectors to find stuff they love and discover new stuff / websites they never heard about before. And if I can also help american collectors to discover european art and vice-versa it's even better!

1 hour ago, chromium said:

This looks like a great tool...congrats on making it happen.

I did run into a little snag, when I use "Search for keywords" I typed in "Kirby" (no parentheses )  I then used the "Exclude keywords" field and added "Rip".

When the search was done I was still seeing Rip Kirby pieces and the word "Rip" in the Exclude keywords field was automatically replaced by "Kirby". So it changed to looking for "Kirby" and excluding "Kirby" (but still gave me all Kirby related artwork)

Should be fixed. FYI, you can also directly type in  kirby -rip   in the "search for keywords" field.

Perhaps a bit premature here, but based on how your tool brings Spencer's site immediately up to 2017 usability...that alone makes this the second-coming of CAF as a hobby benefit. I bet Spencer is going to get a ton of requests this week. Though that may not be what he wants!

2 hours ago, vodou said:

Perhaps a bit premature here, but based on how your tool brings Spencer's site immediately up to 2017 usability...that alone makes this the second-coming of CAF as a hobby benefit. I bet Spencer is going to get a ton of requests this week. Though that may not be what he wants!

The Artist's Choice is definitely the first in the TOP 3 worst websites in terms of design, usability, (un)structured data, broken links :bigsmile: I hesitated a long time before I roll up my sleeves and it took me more than one full week to index it (and a few pages probably passed through the net), where a modern and simple website can be integrated in 30mn (and on average I would say a couple of hours). The second worst in this TOP 3 is probably Galerie Laqua. Or maybe Black Line Fever. There's also a few websites that I could not index at all (the ones that are deactivated in the sources list) because the data is REALLY not structured ...

33 minutes ago, NicoV said:

The Artist's Choice is definitely the first in the TOP 3 worst websites in terms of design, usability, (un)structured data, broken links :bigsmile: I hesitated a long time before I roll up my sleeves and it took me more than one full week to index it (and a few pages probably passed through the net), where a modern and simple website can be integrated in 30mn (and on average I would say a couple of hours). The second worst in this TOP 3 is probably Galerie Laqua. Or maybe Black Line Fever. There's also a few websites that I could not index at all (the ones that are deactivated in the sources list) because the data is REALLY not structured ...

Your website seems to have great promise.  Nice work!  

I should mention that art listed on The Artist's Choice website is sometimes already sold.  For example, a quick search of "Dave Hunt" shows a Joe Staton/Hunt Scooby Doo cover.  Spencer Beck told me a year or so ago that all of his Scooby Doo art had been sold.  In addition, my Dave Hunt search results in a lot of pages by Keith Giffen called "Victory".  All of those pages actually come from a comic book called "Video Jack".  

If anyone needs any Scooby Doo or Video Jack artwork, please let me know.  And keep up the good work NicoV!  Best, Lee

21 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

If you have a large number of keywords, it might be returning too many results. Try lowering the number of keywords temporarily. Then bulk discard the results. Add more keywords and then go back to the Favorites page. Bulk discard again if you have to.

On the Favorites page, you can also use the time or Specific filters to lower the results list.

24 favorites. I don't know if that's a large number.

Thanks for the tips.

CAT is quite a boon to those obsessed with comic art. I found some neat art I didn't know existed, some sites (like Neal Adams), and also found cool stuff that was available. Pretty amazing!

Also as previously noted, some stuff on The Artists Choice that I didn't realize was available - nothing I have to have, but cool to know it's there & easier to find now.