• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Wow! The image is even more mysterious than the comment. Why did you want this piece in 2009? I am going to admit ignorance  about this piece.  Looks a bit like Kent William's- but what it is from (Blood?) and why someone would want it for so many years is still a bit of a puzzle wrapped up in an enigma. I dont think I could sleep if I knew this guy was in my house. :fear:  I am not even sure Jim D would have waited since 2009 for this? Let us know what makes this special so we can all appreciate it. If you want to that is.

It's Kent Williams (KW is scrawled lower right) and not published or even comic/illustration art. Probably not even fine art, closest to folk art (I guess?) -if you have to put a sub-art label on it. The story, my story of want, is a total zero. Sometimes we see something and want it, miss it, miss it again, the want remains. Years go by, you wonder where it is but eventually stop thinking about it at all. And then it's right in front of you :):):) ...no-brainer.

Hi @NicoV

I love using the comic art tracker, and one of my favorite features is the New art by Source screen.

The screen displays each source, with a "newly listed" number.  But when I look for the details, many of the sources return return no results.  Like right now Illustration Art Gallery says 69 newly listed, and Comic Art Store has 33 newly listed.  But when go to View the recently listed art, the New comic art screen shows no results.  Is this a known issue?

I am using Chrome (on iphone X)

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Hi @NicoV

I love using the comic art tracker, and one of my favorite features is the New art by Source screen.

The screen displays each source, with a "newly listed" number.  But when I look for the details, many of the sources return return no results.  Like right now Illustration Art Gallery says 69 newly listed, and Comic Art Store has 33 newly listed.  But when go to View the recently listed art, the New comic art screen shows no results.  Is this a known issue?

I am using Chrome (on iphone X)

Thanks

Hi @Catwoman_Fan

Thanks for your feedback. I do see the new artworks for the two websites you mention, which probably means that you excluded these sources. Did you check your settings here? https://comicarttracker.com/en/settings?sources

In all cases, I'll improve the pages: you should either be warned on the "new art by source" page that you excluded these sources, or see the art (and be warned that you won't see this art on searches, notifications, and so on) on the source page itself. Probably a combination of the two. And thanks to your message I see that I have a problem to get the images from Comic Art Store (:

Nico

I enjoy ComicArtTracker, and use it frequently. Thanks, Nico! Weird thing happened this morning, though: When I type in "Bob Montana", I get 29 results -- but no images or working links to take me to the results. When I type in Sekowsky, Oksner, or what have you, everything pops up as expected. Anyone else experience a similar issue?

6 minutes ago, Hal Turner said:

I enjoy ComicArtTracker, and use it frequently. Thanks, Nico! Weird thing happened this morning, though: When I type in "Bob Montana", I get 29 results -- but no images or working links to take me to the results. When I type in Sekowsky, Oksner, or what have you, everything pops up as expected. Anyone else experience a similar issue?

@NicoVI can reproduce that here too.

31 minutes ago, Hal Turner said:

Thanks for pointing out this issue. It came from one of the results being wrongly encoded (encoding is really painful for developers ^^) ...

It should be fixed now! Tell me.
https://comicarttracker.com/search?query=bob-montana

2 hours ago, wurstisart said:

For some reason I thought you can track / view auction results from comic link as well.
I can't seem to figure it out though. Any help ?

When I launched CAT, you could track ComicLink auctions and view older auctions results. Unfortunately they blocked my server to prevent CAT from accessing their pages. To be honest I find it quite funny that the two websites who block CAT access are the two messy websites that incited me to create CAT initially. :nyah:

4 minutes ago, NicoV said:

When I launched CAT, you could track ComicLink auctions and view older auctions results. Unfortunately they blocked my server to prevent CAT from accessing their pages. To be honest I find it quite funny that the two websites who block CAT access are the two messy websites that incited me to create CAT initially. :nyah:

What is the 2nd website? 

Malvin 

On 11/30/2018 at 11:54 PM, Panelfan1 said:

Wow! The image is even more mysterious than the comment. Why did you want this piece in 2009? I am going to admit ignorance  about this piece.  Looks a bit like Kent William's- but what it is from (Blood?) and why someone would want it for so many years is still a bit of a puzzle wrapped up in an enigma. I dont think I could sleep if I knew this guy was in my house. :fear:  I am not even sure Jim D would have waited since 2009 for this? Let us know what makes this special so we can all appreciate it. If you want to that is.

I used to own this many years ago. It was done for a paint-by-numbers themed art show. Artists were given a thrift store paint by numbers piece and then they added to it. I used to have the James Jean one as well.

9 minutes ago, LB JEFFERIES said:

I used to own this many years ago. It was done for a paint-by-numbers themed art show. Artists were given a thrift store paint by numbers piece and then they added to it.

Were you the original owner from Corey Helford (via eBay)?

I was the underbidder, a very very patient underbidder :)

56 minutes ago, LB JEFFERIES said:

I was indeed.

Thank you for confirming. Were you also the consignor to HA two years later? Just trying to piece together the provenance trail.

Edited by vodou
correction