• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2022 at 7:08 AM, Panelfan1 said:

My block list has to be over 50 words at least.  Some words in other languages even.  And acetate is on that list.😁

Here's all I have:

"production art" print cgc "color guide" acetate sericel xerox photocopy

Did you already try to play with ChatGPT? It's an AI-powered chatbot. I was curious to see what it could answer to my request: "Write a product brief for a website aggregating all original comic art for sale on any dealer, marketplace or auction house website"... and its answer is really close to what ComicArtTracker looks like! :nyah:

First try:

image.thumb.png.76898c8148b0ec4b428ac5565b4e5454.png

Second try ("Regenerate response"): 

image.thumb.png.8ffd6969e9c870b4f4bb8655fc4c4410.png

Edited by NicoV

On 1/5/2023 at 5:27 AM, NicoV said:

Did you already try to play with ChatGPT? It's an AI-powered chatbot. I was curious to see what it could answer to my request: "Write a product brief for a website aggregating all original comic art for sale on any dealer, marketplace or auction house website"... and its answer is really close to what ComicArtTracker looks like! :nyah:

First try:

image.thumb.png.76898c8148b0ec4b428ac5565b4e5454.png

Second try ("Regenerate response"): 

image.thumb.png.8ffd6969e9c870b4f4bb8655fc4c4410.png

I've tried and used ChatGPT.  It's awesome.

The computers will takeover the world soon.

Malvin

On 1/5/2023 at 9:19 PM, malvin said:

Nah.

The Modern NPC

Who remembers Eliza?

Eliza was a program you could type a query into and it would attempt to have a conversation with you.  It dated to the 1960s and there were implementations on most of the 1970s personal computers, including the Tandy TRS-80 line.  It was quite amusing but trivially evident you were talking at a program, not an intelligent thing.

Wolfram Alpha is another example and one that's still around.  It can and does produce fairly complex answers and, when the question is related to a mathematics or physics-related question is quite useful.

Today's "latest round" of this is ChatGPT and schools are allegedly "banning it", blocking access and similar.

Let's differentiate.………

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=247817

On 1/5/2023 at 8:19 PM, malvin said:

Malvin

It will definitely shrink departments where writing is involved. Add the AI illustration ability of midjourney and this will be the year you will see AI erode the opportunities of creative professionals. 

Edited by gumbydarnit

CAT continues to be indispensable. Thank you again!

I've noticed that some of the HA auctions like the international ones have a 25% BP instead of the usual 20%:

https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=7344&ic=breadcrumb-comics-121913-interior

CAT seems to show the prices under tracked art as having a 20% BP, so it's slightly off.

Also under tracked art for these HA auctions, "active 03/13/2023" when the actual item's end date is 3/11. The full auction ends from 3/10 to 3/12 so if you're following along in tracked art and not going to HA you may miss an auction.

On 3/5/2023 at 4:54 PM, Twanj said:

CAT continues to be indispensable. Thank you again!

I've noticed that some of the HA auctions like the international ones have a 25% BP instead of the usual 20%:

https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=7344&ic=breadcrumb-comics-121913-interior

CAT seems to show the prices under tracked art as having a 20% BP, so it's slightly off.

Also under tracked art for these HA auctions, "active 03/13/2023" when the actual item's end date is 3/11. The full auction ends from 3/10 to 3/12 so if you're following along in tracked art and not going to HA you may miss an auction.

I have to "fix" the 25% BP for International auctions manually and forgot to do it here, it's now done... thanks for reminding me ;-)

As for the auctions end date, that's something that I already tried to fix but with no success for now. Heritage provides an end date which is 13/03/2023 CET or 12/03/2023 PST but when it's divided on several days I only have the final one :-/

On 3/15/2023 at 6:34 AM, NicoV said:

Hi everybody,

I've updated ComicArtTracker to fix a few bugs and prepare for the next big version to come.
Please tell me if there is anything wrong!

I'm seeing 14,400 new artworks but not a way to discard them.

Only about 30-50 are truly new.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:58 PM, Twanj said:

I'm seeing 14,400 new artworks but not a way to discard them.

Only about 30-50 are truly new.

Yes, I had to deactivate the "discard" option for now (it consumes a lot of resources) but I'm working on it.
Sorry for the inconvenience!