• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicArtTracker.com
3 3

369 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NicoV said:

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to let you know that we found a compromise with Bill that we both like, which means that all dealers from the CAF Dealer Marketplace will soon be back on ComicArtTracker. And as good news never come alone, this cooperation with CAF will allow me to index the CAF Classifieds as well. So... thank you Bill!

It will take some time to put everything in place but we expect to be ready by the end of the month.

smsc099.gif.e6345c4db0eff895a7fd380e862a6378.gif

Great news Nico! And Bill!

BTW: I received my first email alert today (thumbsu

1 hour ago, NicoV said:

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to let you know that we found a compromise with Bill that we both like, which means that all dealers from the CAF Dealer Marketplace will soon be back on ComicArtTracker. And as good news never come alone, this cooperation with CAF will allow me to index the CAF Classifieds as well. So... thank you Bill!

It will take some time to put everything in place but we expect to be ready by the end of the month.

smsc099.gif.e6345c4db0eff895a7fd380e862a6378.gif

Excellent work, both of you. A much better outcome than I expected.

When I "Check Now" from Favorites on Safari on OX X 10.13.1 it doesn't seem to work.

It just displays a 2 rows & a few columns with:

all
display   list view_module
source
auctions  artists dealers marketplaces
recently listed
6h 12h 1d 3d 1w 1m
status
available closed

10 hours ago, Twanj said:
When I "Check Now" from Favorites on Safari on OX X 10.13.1 it doesn't seem to work.

all
display   list view_module
source
auctions  artists dealers marketplaces
recently listed
6h 12h 1d 3d 1w 1m
status
available closed

Oh it’s hosed in Safari in 10.10. Download Chrome and it works fine.

20 hours ago, Twanj said:

Not sure to understand exactly what displays on your screen when you click on "Check Now". Could you send me a private message with a screenshot? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

Just wondering when the CAF tracking will be posted again.

Bill is working on it! I'll keep you informed as soon as I have something to work with :)
CAT will probably first have access to the CAF Classifieds sales, dealers will come right after.

Edited by NicoV

44 minutes ago, NicoV said:

CAT will probably first have access to the CAF Classifieds sales, dealers will come right after.

Any way you'd have the ability to screen out the Comicconnect and Comiclink classifieds?  They've both started listing lots of the art in their auctions in the Classified section, and filling it up with things that aren't really classifieds, some that are months past the auction finish. Probably a lot of work to do that, but it would help filter out hundreds of duplicates.  I guess maybe that's more of a CAF question. 

Here we are: CAF classifieds are now available on ComicArtTracker!

I'll probably have to make adjustements (typically on prices), so feel free to point out any mistake in what is displayed on CAT. And now that this first step seems to be ok, we'll work (with Bill) on the second step: reintegrate all dealers from the ComicArtFans marketplace.

Time to go to sleep! Hope I won't find too many errors tomorrow morning :bigsmile:

Edited by NicoV

I signed up and played around with it for a while but I didn't find the site that mobile friendly.  Before I form a solid opinion, I will dope around with my home computer and see how that works.  If nothing else, I will become aware of more art sites. 

Edited by Spidey 62

9 hours ago, bisquitodoom said:

Any way you'd have the ability to screen out the Comicconnect and Comiclink classifieds?  They've both started listing lots of the art in their auctions in the Classified section, and filling it up with things that aren't really classifieds, some that are months past the auction finish. Probably a lot of work to do that, but it would help filter out hundreds of duplicates.  I guess maybe that's more of a CAF question. 

I chose to parse out sellers from the feed if their results would be duplicated. CC, CL, TDArts, ComicInkKing, and many others. Ditto on keywords in the For Sale field, like ON HOLD, SOLD, NFS, ebay.com, etc etc etc. 

2 hours ago, Bill Cox said:

I chose to parse out sellers from the feed if their results would be duplicated. CC, CL, TDArts, ComicInkKing, and many others. Ditto on keywords in the For Sale field, like ON HOLD, SOLD, NFS, ebay.com, etc etc etc. 

I played around with it for a few searches and it looks like it works very well.  Really awesome job!  Thank you!   

22 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Oh it’s hosed in Safari in 10.10. Download Chrome and it works fine.

I'd stopped using it in Chrome because there was a Chrome specific bug that caused it to not work for me. (shrug)

13 hours ago, NicoV said:

Not sure to understand exactly what displays on your screen when you click on "Check Now". Could you send me a private message with a screenshot? Thanks!

hmm, it seems to be working now. if it does that again, I'll give a screenshot

Haven't had any issues with Safari, Chrome or Firefox really. Using it on a mobile device can be a bit bogged down and I've had it time out a few times on a tablet and phone, but that's probably been due to connectivity/speed issues and not site specific problems. Just ran a couple quick searches to see if CAF results were popping up, and sure enough, I see more stuff in the searches from CAF.

Cool!

Edited by ESeffinga