• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating chriswALKEN

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am nominating chriswALKEN to the probation list.  I claimed a couple lots in his recent sales thread August 17th.  I paid immediately and asked that he hold the items for a couple days while I was away on vacation.  He agreed to this and after a couple weeks and no package I contacted him to see what was going on.  No reply.  I put multiple messages in the thread asking what was going on and no reply to these as well.  It has now been over 6 weeks and nothing.  I feel the community needs to know about someone with selling practices like these. I am posting the PMs below.. Hopefully I did all this correctly. This is the first time I've had issues like this on the boards..

chriswALKEN

Started conversation: August 17

hey there,

just wanted to say thank you for the purchases and take a  minute to shoot over my PayPal address. The total comes to $75.00 shipped and my PayPal address is EDITED OUT

once again, thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it

Chris

Share this comment

Sent. Please pack well. My mail carrier is rough on packages. Thank you.

BIGS

Share this comment

If you havent shipped these yet could you please hold off until Friday? I will be out of town and wont be able to retrieve the mail until monday. 

Thank You

BIGS

Share this comment

absolutely!  sorry about the delay, I've been stuck between work and  being sick. 

Share this comment

Any word at all from these? It's going on 3 weeks and nothing. I will give until Monday the 18th to get tracking and after that I'll ask you get put on the probation list. Please reply with tracking before then..

Thank You

BIGS

Share this comment

I filed a claim through paypal and will be posting your name in the probation list forum. Hope you get things together. 

BIGS

Seems like a textbook candidate for the probation list to me. I personally have not bought anything from him, but I know of others who have also had difficulty in dealing with his business. You did your due diligence and warned him about being placed on the list. Things happen from time to time, but to blatantly cut off all communication with a person who has purchased your items is unsatisfactory to say the least.

3 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

As said, this is not the first issue with this member.  Nor the 2nd. 

Link to 1st nomination

Link to 2nd nomination

Link to previous placement on the PL

Here's hoping everyone is made whole ASAP. :wishluck:

If this has been such an ongoing problem, perhaps it is time to create a poll and possibly place him on the HOS.

I have dealt with him in the past

He took forever to invoice- I had to ask repeatedly. He took weeks after that to ship

I was done with him after that one deal. I hope he makes things right with you. My sense is he will finish off the big bag of weed he is into right now, make a lame excuse and finally send your books. His track record is abysmal, no matter how this turns out, people need to avoid him

The problem a situation like this can be summed up by one of the posts of a buyer in this seller's thread.  I'm paraphrasing here, but it basiscally said something like "It was a month after I paid with no communication or anything but the books finally showed up, I hope next time he runs a sales thread he handles it better."

Why on God's green earth would people allow there to be a NEXT TIME? Why continue to buy from someone once they demonstrate a lack of proper seller practices?  We're all aware that sometimes real life intervenes, or that everyone makes a mistake, but once a pattern has emerged, enough is enough. Sorry.  Selling isn't a right, it's a privilege.

And just to be clear, I don't know this seller, nor have I dealt with him.  And nor do I think that just because he's had these issues it makes him a bad person.  All it means is that he's acted on several occassions in an irresponsible manner, and I believe that should prohibit him (temporarily at the very least) from the priviledge of selling here.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:12 PM, NP_Gresham said:

I have dealt with him in the past

He took forever to invoice- I had to ask repeatedly. He took weeks after that to ship

I was done with him after that one deal. I hope he makes things right with you. My sense is he will finish off the big bag of weed he is into right now, make a lame excuse and finally send your books. His track record is abysmal, no matter how this turns out, people need to avoid him

Yep.  The only thing you left out is the "apology" sales thread and "Rebuilding my Reputation" sales threads soon to follow.....

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:44 AM, crassus said:

chriswALKEN has been added to the PL list, if anyone has heard from him or has any updates please post them here

if anyone hasn't started paypal chargeback, they should do it.  And if anyone has experience being wronged by him and wants to make the case, they should probably go ahead and make the case for HOS.