• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detail question regarding incredible hulk 181
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I noticed the left side of the front cover varies a bit from copy to copy. There's a misaligned white border on some, an aligned white border on some & no white border on others. 

I'llpost 2 examples of the white borders. The top one is very slightly misaligned & bottom one is aligned. There are other comparisons that are more stark. Would this small difference be important?

IMG_20171004_034749.jpg

IMG_20171004_034711.jpg

3 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

I noticed the left side of the front cover varies a bit from copy to copy. There's a misaligned white border on some, an aligned white border on some & no white border on others. 

I'llpost 2 examples of the white borders. The top one is very slightly misaligned & bottom one is aligned. There are other comparisons that are more stark. Would this small difference be important?

IMG_20171004_034749.jpg

IMG_20171004_034711.jpg

This is a back to front Miswrap. Unless severe or on an angle, it would not affect the grade. I have many 9.8's with this type of printing issue.

while it doesn't affect CGC grading, as a buyer/ collector I dislike miswrap. I do not like the top book, the bottom book is preferable of the 2 shown.

That said I would prefer to find a copy that has no white showing .

Hulk%20181%20CGC%207.0%20front_zps25orfi

or

Hulk181_75_zps405ba74b.jpg

Of the 2 books I have shown, I prefer the bottom one. Great colors, and perfectly centered. On the CGC 7.0 the top of the book the Marvel Comics group lettering banner is slightly crooked.

Edited by Artboy99

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

while it doesn't affect CGC grading, as a buyer/ collector I dislike miswrap. I do not like the top book, the bottom book is preferable of the 2 shown.

That said I would prefer to find a copy that has no white showing .

Hulk%20181%20CGC%207.0%20front_zps25orfi

or

Hulk181_75_zps405ba74b.jpg

Of the 2 books I have shown, I prefer the bottom one. Great colors, and perfectly centered. On the CGC 7.0 the top of the book the Marvel Comics group lettering banner is slightly crooked.

Thank you sir!

I saw a 9.8 white version being auctioned for a decent price on eBay but it was even more off center than the example I posted.

There's also another one same grade white higher priced that has white border still present but much better aligned (not perfect though). Here's the picture of the higher price one below. What's your opinion on where I should go?

IMG_20171004_144408.jpg

Edited by MGsimba77
Adding image

The miswrap doesn't effect the grade, per say, but it reduces the books desirability. Given a choice ogf two 9.8s, one with white, one with none, most people go with the second.  I've yet to meet a collector who looks for the white ones.

39 minutes ago, shadroch said:

The miswrap doesn't effect the grade, per say, but it reduces the books desirability. Given a choice ogf two 9.8s, one with white, one with none, most people go with the second.  I've yet to meet a collector who looks for the white ones.

Unless you intend to press the book. Having spine ticks in the white area