• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So are you waiting until Sunday night to do a nycc con report?

2 posts in this topic

A little surprised I haven't seen anything from anyone, but maybe I am missing it. I enjoy the stories and pics.  This year I haven't been there as much as usual and just haven't had time. I thought I could not go sunday, but maybe will be able to pop in. 

Not comics related, but lego basically abandoning the show made my little guy cry.  He loved their set up in years past, making stuff, etc. Their pathetic set up this year outside the show where they sold a few limited things only to adult collectors and were sold out by about 2:30 pm was pathetic. I know they probably figured kids just grabbed a lot of bricks previously, but you know what, their area was incredibly active then, and anyway, my kids get several hundred dollars a year of Legos bought for them, are a few bricks from whatever they made and are taking home going to bust the bottom line? If they think they're going to survive selling limited edition to adult collectors they are clueless. Very tempted to put my foot down and boycott lego in my house. When my 5 year old started crying the lego rep thought he was doing me a favor telling me we could come back at 5 and maybe buy some "blockheads" if people didn't pick their's up. They don't get it, the kid wanted to play and build with 60 other people. Have fun.

Part of my irritation was the hour spent trying to find their garbage set up, all while my five year old was crying "we need to find lego." In years past they were located centrally and prominently.  

Edited by the blob