• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOMINATION RESCINDED davedawgbg . misunderstanding??? (edit)
1 1

56 posts in this topic

I picked up a Green Lantern 40 from davedawgbg thread on Sept. 29.  

TeeDub

• Talkative?
  • TeeDub
  •  
  • 737 posts
     On September 28, 2017 at 6:57 PM,  davedawgbg said: 

Green Lantern #40: VF – $350

1st SA Alan Scott

IMG_8899.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

GL 40 INT.jpg

:takeit:

davedawgbg

• Up 20 words per minute since I signed up
  • davedawgbg
  •  
  • 1,166 posts
  • Kudos Thread
     On September 29, 2017 at 1:22 PM,  TeeDub said: 

:takeit:

(thumbsu

Probably my favorite one of the group.

Here is the response that I got.  Despite the fact that payment was made via PP on Oct. 1. 

1 member active in this conversation (including you)
  1. TeeDub
    TeeDub
    Read: Just now
  3. davedawgbg
    davedawgbg 
    Left conversation

Deadline past without acknowledgement, response or payment.

My apologies.  i've been active lately and this invoice slipped from my mind.  Sent funds via PP.   

best,

Tripp

Checking back in to make sure that you got the PP funds sent for GL 40.  

best,

TW

HERE IS THE PP PAYMENT INFO (clearly the deadline DID NOT pass)

Payment sent to David Grant
October 1, 2017 at 9:40:48 PM PDT
Transaction ID: 13196835KL907672L
Payment Status: COMPLETED

Payment Type: Goods and Services

Gross amount
-$360.00 USD

I sent a PM and got a response from him four days later (8 days after paying).

2 members active in this conversation (including you)
  1. davedawgbg
    davedawgbg 
    Read: 2 hours ago
  3. TeeDub
    TeeDub

best,

TW

I'll have to see if I can get this back, it belongs to a client that was very unhappy with her treatment last go - round.  If not your late payment will be refunded.

Was it even a full 48 hours that went by before you neglected to send even one reminder but instead sent a "non response" PM?  Didn't mean to miss the payment, as I said it was a mistake. Don't even see where you sent an invoice or a PP addy.  

Either way, it's been around a week since I sent full payment to you and you are just now sending an extremely late response after accepting my money.  Incredibly unprofessional.  So return my money immediately.   You or your "very unhappy" friend can keep the book, after the treatment that I have now received.  

I'll expect my money within 24 hours.   

I just double checked this and I paid within two days of taking the book on the post.  I don't know if you missed something or maybe you're just a clown.  Either way, refund the money.  Now.

SO SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM MISSING HERE.  THANKS

Edited by TeeDub
updated title to reflect refund.

I believe it still has to be 30 days before a nomination occurs and clearly has not been long but I may have missed itin your post but can you provide the link to the thread and the payment terms stipulation noting when payment is due?

I think it gets fuzzy at times as even with time limitations - is it by when the invoice is sent, when you post the take it, etc.  I personally do not wait for an invoice as I send a PM right after I buy to get a PP addy but that is just me.  

And have you notified him of this nomination (albeit too early) so he can offer his responses?

@TeeDub Just so I understand correctly the order of operations, you paid on Oct 1st yes? When you paid were you responding to a paypal invoice or did you already have his paypal address? If you were acting upon a paypal invoice, what was the date and time of the invoice?

It looks like you claimed the book at

September 29, 2017 at 1:22 PM (I don't know which time zone)

It looks like you paid at

which does appear to be more than 48 hours later (although sometimes I get that paypal takes extra time to process), assuming there's 30 days in September.

and in his thread rules he specifically states

"Payment needs to be made via PayPal within 2 days of claim unless other arrangements are made. " 

Now I don't know if/when he sent an invoice, but without any other information, or if the thread rules were edited at some point, but it seems like more than 48 hrs between the 'claim' and the 'payment'.  

- Was he well within his rights to not sell to you?  I say YES, looks like agreed upon conditions of sale were not met in a timely fashion.

- But IF he decided not to sell to you he should have notified you immediately and refunded you immediately (or within a business day or two at the slowest).

So he owes you money back, but probably have to wait the 30 days before nomination, unless he for whatever reason tells you he's not going to pay you back, which I don't see happening.

I find it more than a little concerning that a refund has yet to take place.  This isn't rocket science, either present the book or give a refund as requested.  The rules state waiting a full 30 days for the probation list or other alternatives and that is fine, but this is certainly "conduct unbecoming" from a seller on these Boards.  

Hopefully, this will be addressed soon and both parties can go their separate ways.

On October 10, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Red84 said:

When did you receive his PayPal address?  I would interpret his rules such that the 48 hours runs from the time the PayPal address is received.

Either way the seller acted ridiculous and I'll be adding him to my personal list.

On October 10, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Red84 said:

When did you receive his PayPal address?  I would interpret his rules such that the 48 hours runs from the time the PayPal address is received.

Either way the seller acted ridiculous and I'll be adding him to my personal list.

As best as I can remember, he sent PP addy and final amount to me via PM, I'm almost sure of that.  The PM that he sent on the 29th now only states that "Deadline past without acknowledgement, response or payment".  I don't how info there can be removed but that is where I remember his PP addy and the amount due were.  when I checked back the only thing I saw was "Deadline past without acknowledgement, response or payment".  But I was not invoiced.  

I can recall his communication saying that shipping was $9 ($359 total) but I went ahead and made it an even 360, so I'm certain that that communication was somewhere, i remember reading it but now don't see it anywhere.  

On October 10, 2017 at 6:16 PM, revat said:

It looks like you claimed the book at

September 29, 2017 at 1:22 PM (I don't know which time zone)

It looks like you paid at

which does appear to be more than 48 hours later (although sometimes I get that paypal takes extra time to process), assuming there's 30 days in September.

and in his thread rules he specifically states

"Payment needs to be made via PayPal within 2 days of claim unless other arrangements are made. " 

Now I don't know if/when he sent an invoice, but without any other information, or if the thread rules were edited at some point, but it seems like more than 48 hrs between the 'claim' and the 'payment'.  

- Was he well within his rights to not sell to you?  I say YES, looks like agreed upon conditions of sale were not met in a timely fashion.

- But IF he decided not to sell to you he should have notified you immediately and refunded you immediately (or within a business day or two at the slowest).

So he owes you money back, but probably have to wait the 30 days before nomination, unless he for whatever reason tells you he's not going to pay you back, which I don't see happening.

Honestly, if he doesn't want to sell me the book then that is fine.  I was angry really and perhaps this is not egregious enough to report here, but his attitude was unacceptable to me.   So forgive me if I jumped the gun here.  I was actually shocked at his treatment.  A simple reminder would have been nice.  

And if his deadline is so important then I would think that he would be as prompt with a response or a return of my money.  Neither of those things happened, and he still has my money and has shown no intent to return it, or send me the book (which apparently is no longer in his possession, if it ever was) 

On October 10, 2017 at 8:08 AM, telerites said:

I believe it still has to be 30 days before a nomination occurs and clearly has not been long but I may have missed itin your post but can you provide the link to the thread and the payment terms stipulation noting when payment is due?

I think it gets fuzzy at times as even with time limitations - is it by when the invoice is sent, when you post the take it, etc.  I personally do not wait for an invoice as I send a PM right after I buy to get a PP addy but that is just me.  

And have you notified him of this nomination (albeit too early) so he can offer his responses?

I did not notify him and my mistake for reporting early.  I should have checked the rules before I posted.  It was done out of frustration and anger.  I've never reported anyone before, never even thought to.  

About 11 days have passed since payment was sent, still no book or no refund.

I did receive this PM today and responded thusly... 

On October 9, 2017 at 8:22 PM,  TeeDub said: 

Incredibly unprofessional.   

Yes you are, and you've pissed me off beyond words with your lies.   

I'm going to give you one, and only one opportunity to have a little self-awareness and walk back everything you've said and done, including your completely unacceptable post in the Marketplace before I absolutely unleash and let you know about yourself in front of everyone.

Now you know how angry I feel.

What have I lied about?  Please tell me that.

I'm going to give you one, and only one opportunity to have a little self-awareness and walk back everything you've said and done, including your completely unacceptable post in the Marketplace before I absolutely unleash and let you know about yourself in front of everyone.

I found this in my email but the message is now nowhere to be found in my inbox...

His PP addy was included in this PM, but I left it out here for privacy purposes.  This was sent on Sept 29th at 2:22pm. 

CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards spacer.png
spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png
spacer.png
Hi TeeDub, 
davedawgbg has sent you a message! 

Read full message 

— CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards 

2 members active in this conversation (including you)
Chapel-Hill-1.thumb.jpg.71f26d427ba7d3f19ba49425b31c3465.jpg TeeDub
17624.thumb.jpg.58f20f8b169a72a3be998deeb83f9d95.jpg davedawgbg

GL 40

17624.thumb.jpg.58f20f8b169a72a3be998deeb83f9d95.jpg  

Hi, thanks for the pick-up.  It will be about $9 for shipping with insurance for $350, you can send to the address below unless you're looking at something else or have a want list.

This is all that is in the PM chain now.  Does this mean that the original PM (as seen above) was edited away and replaced with "Deadline past without acknowledgement, response or payment"??

GL 40 

1 member active in this conversation (including you)
  1. TeeDub
    TeeDub
  3. davedawgbg
    davedawgbg 
    Left conversation

Deadline past without acknowledgement, response or payment.

My apologies.  i've been active lately and this invoice slipped from my mind.  Sent funds via PP.   

best,

Tripp

best,

TW

TeeDub
 Reply to this conversation...
  •  

This sure seems to have gone far off the rails for a simple transaction and a payment that's a couple hours late.

Seller could reasonably send a friendly reminder pm "please remember that I require payment within 48 hours of purchase".

And to be fair Tripp, while I understand your disappointment your pm response was quite antagonistic and that would scare me off as a seller.

Most concerning is that there seems to be an agreement to cancel this transaction and you're money has not been refunded.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

This sure seems to have gone far off the rails for a simple transaction and a payment that's a couple hours late.

Seller could reasonably send a friendly reminder pm "please remember that I require payment within 48 hours of purchase".

And to be fair Tripp, while I understand your disappointment your pm response was quite antagonistic and that would scare me off as a seller.

Most concerning is that there seems to be an agreement to cancel this transaction and you're money has not been refunded.

Torch, you are correct, my response to "I'll have to see if I can get this back, it belongs to a client that was very unhappy with her treatment last go - round.  If not your late payment will be refunded." was harsher than it needed to be.  However, it was not meant to be antagonistic, and it didn't come from disappointment.  I lost my temper at the implication that I had treated someone (his third party seller) poorly and at davedawgbg's needle of "your late payment", I thought both his statements were unfair and themselves antagonistic, and I fired back kinda hot.  But point taken, I could have handled it better, mea culpa on that. 

Edited by TeeDub

3 hours ago, TeeDub said:

Is one of these replies from davedawgbg?  If so, which one?