• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Well, it's just his name and his address and he moved after selling us the collection.  Some of the envelopes had kirby or steranko art and we just couldn't toss them away.

That's still personal information....take it from a guy who works in financial compliance, I would hold onto the envelope for yourself but don't pass it along.

20 minutes ago, spreads said:

That's still personal information....take it from a guy who works in financial compliance, I would hold onto the envelope for yourself but don't pass it along.

The OO sold them the material to do with as they see fit. If he wanted to protect that information the time to do so was before selling it.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:43 AM, Artboy99 said:

we also think this collection is cool. Many of the items landed in our personal collections. :)

unfortunately no certificates as It can't be a pedigree, the person we bought this from purchased most of the collection second hand off of someone else. He did attend many conventions though.

You know, we could print up some lovely certificates with some sparkly stuff and sell them for $20 each.....

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, Bird said:

The OO sold them the material to do with as they see fit. If he wanted to protect that information the time to do so was before selling it.

That's irrelevant, he's not consenting to the distribution of his personal information (even if the address is not current, it still has weight).  He might even say he didn't even know the envelopes with his address where there, we're talking about a collection of thousands of items...

I'm telling you, personal information is serious stuff here in Canada.  It's not worth the risk to knowingly distribute that information, the seller could decide down the road he didn't authorize that and these guys could be in trouble. 

Edited by spreads
edit

I will elaborate and say even if you didn't know you were sending personal information, you could still be at fault.  I once found some old receipts from what looked like a business in a bunch of comics from a collection I purchased a few years ago, in this circumstance the steps you should take are:

1) Contact the seller and ask them if you would like to return this information

2) If contact has not been reached (minimum two attempts), destroy all material. 

This is best practice, you can do as you like but in this era of privacy and data take some caution to protect yourself.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:01 PM, thehumantorch said:

Here's the main room of comics.  Our buddy Kody came down with us and is posing in the pic, he just joined the boards and while he's been poking around here he still hasn't made a post.

14.jpg

I wish I just poked around when I first joined instead of diving head first into the shallow end

Nice collection 

:tink: