• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

Thank you for sharing this with us. What an amazing collection to find. Very diversified to be sure. This gentleman seems to have followed the basic rule of collect what you love. The posters were specifically impressive to me being a Steranko fan and I agree that any number of them would look amazing framed on my wall. Good luck with the acquisition and if you need any help you can count on me to be in line to shop.

Cheers , CB

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Looking at another collection tonight first. Then we will decide what we are going to do.

The downside with this collection is that the boxes of RBCC and other zines are generally slow movers. Marvelmania and FOOM items will sell well of course. Good luck. (thumbsu

22 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I also liked the uncut Steranko art card sheet at the bottom of the pile.

Bottom of the pile looks like an Ernie Gerber uncut promo sheet to GA Photojournals. Does HumanTorch or you recall if there was more than one of each of the Marvelmania posters circa 1970? :wishluck:

15 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Bottom of the pile looks like an Ernie Gerber uncut promo sheet to GA Photojournals. Does HumanTorch or you recall if there was more than one of each of the Marvelmania posters circa 1970? :wishluck:

There were several posters that he had multiples of. There were 2x the 1970 poster. 5x the 1975 poster.

The uncut promo there was only 1 that we saw.

Bear in mind the seller had several large cardboard holders that we didn't get to look in, he opened one for me to browse and it was all Steranko posters. There was another 20? packed large cardboard holders.

11 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

There were several posters that he had multiples of. There were 2x the 1970 poster. 5x the 1975 poster.

The uncut promo there was only 1 that we saw.

Bear in mind the seller had several large cardboard holders that we didn't get to look in, he opened one for me to browse and it was all Steranko posters. There was another 20? packed large cardboard holders.

He had 2 copies of a Steranko Star Trek poster that were beautiful.   At least 20 more cardboard holders with posters.  It was a lot of fun to open that first cardboard holder and flip through.

Going back on Monday to look again.

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:
18 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Finding collections like this is like Christmas, opening up box after box wondering what you'll find.:cloud9:

Sure is Dave.  Heading back Monday night and I'll take some more pics, only looked at about 25% of the collection last visit.

Hurry up.

Just now, thehumantorch said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Hurry up.

I shoulda grabbed his house keys last time I was there.......

Damm straight. :sumo: 

Gonna be a bonanza for sure.  That's just the extra stuff.  Comics have be era and condition ? And he appeared to store it well.   Congrats and good luck.    Can be a grind to sell some of it but well worth it ??

5 hours ago, Comicdey said:

Gonna be a bonanza for sure.  That's just the extra stuff.  Comics have be era and condition ? And he appeared to store it well.   Congrats and good luck.    Can be a grind to sell some of it but well worth it ??

He really doesn't have that many comics.  Multiple copies of anything Steranko worked on like X-men 49 - 51, Nick Fury, Strange Tales, and generally F or worse condition.  

19 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

He really doesn't have that many comics.  Multiple copies of anything Steranko worked on like X-men 49 - 51, Nick Fury, Strange Tales, and generally F or worse condition.  

With as many boxes as I saw in the photo I was hoping for you ?