How do i create a new journal entry?
0

9 posts in this topic

I found a section called My Journals on my profile page, but it's empty...so much for all of my journals from the old boards moving over to someplace  that's easily accessible. In that section, it doesn't give me the option to create a new journal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/10/2017 at 2:55 AM, surfer99 said:

I found a section called My Journals on my profile page, but it's empty...so much for all of my journals from the old boards moving over to someplace  that's easily accessible. In that section, it doesn't give me the option to create a new journal.

Afternoon @Scott =), hope you don't mind me drawing your attention to this unanswered question from @surfer99 (there's a few more unanswered questions in the section if you have time). Before I try to help him, can you let us know what is happening with the Journals please? We were advised the old would merge with the new many months back but nothing seems to have happened. Cheers Scott (thumbsu

jo.PNG.d53796dcbd036179067b06bfb9c643a6.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/10/2017 at 2:55 AM, surfer99 said:

I found a section called My Journals on my profile page, but it's empty...so much for all of my journals from the old boards moving over to someplace  that's easily accessible. In that section, it doesn't give me the option to create a new journal.

OK @surfer99

Currently we have two sets of journals - the old ones and the new ones. The old ones still exist and remain in the old heading and posts format that we are used to. You can access them from the main landing page here (CGC Journal - Posts and Responses from Old Format), assuming you are on a desktop:

a.thumb.PNG.d703930e8bc6629e2973a2e070c66a14.PNG

 

As you can see, the old journals are still live with the owners posting merrily away:

b.thumb.PNG.5712c811164d4f53209f7051ebcba38b.PNG

 

The reason you cannot see your old journals on the 'Journals' tab of your profile page is that only newly created ones appear there. If we look at the profile page of Jimbo749, and access his 'journals' tab, we can see his newly created journals showing there:

e.thumb.PNG.3f6be864f1d9c38a753e51e46e038fab.PNG

 

You can access the new journals page from various places, the main one being from the Browse menu here (click on CGC Journals):

c.PNG.6f5f36532038c330de79b23f9f4a3425.PNG

 

Once in, you can see the journals page and, to the right you will see the 'Create a Journal' button:

d.thumb.PNG.5f963fd8cf3e0ec2e534e608ba85b380.PNG

 

So, in summary, only the new journals will appear on your profile tab. There is a message on the boards saying that the old will merge with the new, but I don't know if or when that will happen (hence my flag to Scott above). I'm not sure how they can merge, as the formats differ, but we shall see.

For what it's worth, I created a new journal and found it so clunky that I gave up and hid it. But others have had a go, some very successfully, so don't let that put you off.

Good luck (thumbsu

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, Marwood & I said:

 

@Architecht Arch, when are the old journals going to merge with the new? Do you think the uncertainty could be putting people off using them?

 

A response from Arch, from a summary post elsewhere:

15 hours ago, Architecht said:

Response to some of the quick issues to address:

 

  1. Old journal migration - not sure of the status on this one.

 

 

 

Hello again @surfer99, you seem to have missed all the fun, having not logged in since asking your question! I hope when you do that the info I provided above helps. There is no word on when and how the old journals will migrate I'm afraid.  I'm not sure how they can migrate as the formats are not compatible and square pegs don't generally fit into round holes. But I'm sure there is a plan, and we'll hear news on it at some point. Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:10 AM, Marwood & I said:

 

A response from Arch, from a summary post elsewhere:

 

Hello again @surfer99, you seem to have missed all the fun, having not logged in since asking your question! I hope when you do that the info I provided above helps. There is no word on when and how the old journals will migrate I'm afraid.  I'm not sure how they can migrate as the formats are not compatible and square pegs don't generally fit into round holes. But I'm sure there is a plan, and we'll hear news on it at some point. Cheers

Thanks! Yeah, I was so discouraged last time I was on here that I haven't been back until now. I still can't seem to find the "CGC Journal - Posts and Responses from Old Format" section, but whatever. At least it's still there and will hopefully get migrated "sometime". Thank you very much for all the help! I can see the new journal entry now and will have to give it a try soon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, surfer99 said:

Thanks! Yeah, I was so discouraged last time I was on here that I haven't been back until now. I still can't seem to find the "CGC Journal - Posts and Responses from Old Format" section, but whatever. At least it's still there and will hopefully get migrated "sometime". Thank you very much for all the help! I can see the new journal entry now and will have to give it a try soon.  

Hello again @surfer99! It's been a while hasn't it.

Sorry to hear the journal situation put you off for so long. You've been missing all the fun! Still no word on when the old will merge with the new I'm afraid. Meanwhile, here's how to find the old ones (re your comment above I bolded):

Step 1, go to the Browse function and select 'CGC Chat Boards' from the drop down menu:

1_LI.jpg.54881263609f5f827564857745bd1c35.jpg

 

Step 2, click on 'CGC Journals - Posts and Responses from Old Format' from the CGC Forums list (arrowed in yellow):

2_LI.thumb.jpg.5c363cf27dba7f56d9ed14d17aa7810f.jpg

 

Step 3, you 'kiss, and hold her tightly. Well that sure, seems like heaven, to-oo me'.

Sorry. There's all the old journals.

 

Another way to find your old journals is from your profile page. Select 'See my activity' like so (yellow arrow):

3_LI.thumb.jpg.fb7dce19c6a620450cd146d25f55ae18.jpg

 

And you'll see 'Everything posted by surfer99'. To the left, under Forums, select 'Topics' like so:

4_LI.jpg.a9c6b0da413cc4e6986eaea6fe7f8a80.jpg

 

...and that will bring up every thread you've ever created in date order:

5.thumb.PNG.11ccbbc3beef7bddecb899362e1346c9.PNG

 

Hope that helps. It's a shame we don't know what's going to happen with the merge and when. I've been holding off creating a pence journal as I don't want to put a lot of work in if we don't know if / how the merge will affect post content. I'd hate to post hundreds of images and then find they go missing in some rotten photobucket type migration event. Maybe one day one of the admin team will give us an update. 

Good luck, if you attempt a new one!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Hello again @surfer99! It's been a while hasn't it.

Sorry to hear the journal situation put you off for so long. You've been missing all the fun! Still no word on when the old will merge with the new I'm afraid. Meanwhile, here's how to find the old ones (re your comment above I bolded):

Step 1, go to the Browse function and select 'CGC Chat Boards' from the drop down menu:

1_LI.jpg.54881263609f5f827564857745bd1c35.jpg

 

Step 2, click on 'CGC Journals - Posts and Responses from Old Format' from the CGC Forums list (arrowed in yellow):

2_LI.thumb.jpg.5c363cf27dba7f56d9ed14d17aa7810f.jpg

 

Step 3, you 'kiss, and hold her tightly. Well that sure, seems like heaven, to-oo me'.

Sorry. There's all the old journals.

 

Another way to find your old journals is from your profile page. Select 'See my activity' like so (yellow arrow):

3_LI.thumb.jpg.fb7dce19c6a620450cd146d25f55ae18.jpg

 

And you'll see 'Everything posted by surfer99'. To the left, under Forums, select 'Topics' like so:

4_LI.jpg.a9c6b0da413cc4e6986eaea6fe7f8a80.jpg

 

...and that will bring up every thread you've ever created in date order:

5.thumb.PNG.11ccbbc3beef7bddecb899362e1346c9.PNG

 

Hope that helps. It's a shame we don't know what's going to happen with the merge and when. I've been holding off creating a pence journal as I don't want to put a lot of work in if we don't know if / how the merge will affect post content. I'd hate to post hundreds of images and then find they go missing in some rotten photobucket type migration event. Maybe one day one of the admin team will give us an update. 

Good luck, if you attempt a new one!

 

Thank you! Very helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0