• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Calgary Comic Expo (Fan Expo Calgary?) April 26-29, 2018
5 5

562 posts in this topic

No idea. I'm sure there were meetings and talks on how to make it work as I believe there are changes on the grounds that required adjustments.

I don't really know how the old plan worked, but I'm looking at the layout now and it seems logical to me. 

I'm based outside the BMO Centre in the Big Four Building all weekend.  Someone said there's beer there?

8 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

No idea. I'm sure there were meetings and talks on how to make it work as I believe there are changes on the grounds that required adjustments.

I don't really know how the old plan worked, but I'm looking at the layout now and it seems logical to me. 

I'm based outside the BMO Centre in the Big Four Building all weekend.  Someone said there's beer there?

It would be too much of a coincidence if they didn't have anything to do with this change.

Emails of displeasure have been sent.

Great Scott! Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo keeps getting better! Please join us in welcoming Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Tom Wilson and Lea Thompson for An Evening With the Cast of Back To The Future, Friday, April 27th!

Tickets for this once-in-a-lifetime event will go on sale go on sale at 10am MST on Thursday, Feb 8th, however VIP and Premium ticketholders will want to watch their inbox for your exclusive pre-sale opportunity.

This is HEAVY, Doc!!

Get tickets for the Back To The Future special event Thursday:https://calgaryexpo.com/tickets/back-to-the-future/
Get your Calgary Expo tickets today:https://calgaryexpo.com/tickets/admission/

Clockwise from the top left:

MJF - already announced

Christopher Lloyd - Doc Brown

Tom Wilson - Biff/Griff/Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen

Lea Thompson - Lorraine Baines McFly

27540240_10156101229019911_1832549039721685160_n.jpg

Here’s the floor plan with “comic” dealers highlighted in blue. 

I cannot understand why the promoters don’t try to put all of the comic vendors in the same general area. ??? 

Kevin, do you have an answer to this? Have you ever made up a floor plan and had a good reason why the comic guys weren’t grouped together? 

D8AF8F19-EA39-4AAA-B721-6342C04FB38F.jpeg

Just now, Kevin Boyd said:

As far as the placements go Andy, I would give Mary Ann a call. I don't want to say something contradictory. 

Well, I'm not going to stir the pot any more than I already have.  My question was just in general. In your experience of putting a floor plan together, do you try to put similar areas of collectibles in the same general area?  Or would you purposely spread them out so that people have more reason to travel the whole floor?  Kind of like putting the eggs and milk in the far end of the grocery store on purpose. 

When it comes to artists, you obviously put them all together...why not with comic vendors? hm

8 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Would you purposely spread them out so that people have more reason to travel the whole floor?  Kind of like putting the eggs and milk in the far end of the grocery store on purpose. 

When it comes to artists, you obviously put them all together...why not with comic vendors? hm

With the new 2018 Calgary Expo layout, it looks like the eggs are Canadian Comics from Vancouver, BC with 3 booths, and the spoiled milk is the team up of Citadel Comics and Forest City Andy (5 booths in the armpit :cry: of the con). The only comics vendor that seemed to have benefited from the 'improved' layout is my buddy Silver Edge Comics who was moved across from the aggressively priced Major Comics that forms a rectangle of comics vendors with Harley, Jigglypig Chad and Anthill Books & Comics.

9 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Here’s the floor plan with “comic” dealers highlighted in blue. 

I cannot understand why the promoters don’t try to put all of the comic vendors in the same general area. ??? 

Kevin, do you have an answer to this? Have you ever made up a floor plan and had a good reason why the comic guys weren’t grouped together? 

D8AF8F19-EA39-4AAA-B721-6342C04FB38F.jpeg

Looks like you're still beside us Andy.  :censored:  What does it take to get rid of  you man?

Damn ... I have to say for the comic vendors. They got it tough. Lots of walking between each booth around for the delicious eggs! xD

Guess I better grease up my grocery cart for motion. Hey Lady, will you get moving along the line up!   Ohh, sorry didn’t know it you Mr. Panda. 

9 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

for the comic vendors. Lots of walking between each booth around for the delicious eggs! xD

It is not too bad after @thirdgreenham colors in the comic vendor Islands of booths. There is a rectangle core of comic islands with Jigglypig Chad (better centered location compared to last 3 years), Nels' Anthill (about 4 booths), Major Comics island, MG Comics island, and Harley Yee (2 booths usually). Just south of that is Silver Edge Comics (Nick D) and Mike's Comics. Far away is Cdn Comics from Vancouver that had their 3 booths relocated across from the front hall ABC doors.