• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181
1 1

18 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Alexander James Hill IV said:

Hey guys I have a incredible hulk 181 not sure where to get started its probably a 9.8 or 9.9

Start by posting pics of it.

5 minutes ago, Alexander James Hill IV said:

Hey guys I have a incredible hulk 181 not sure where to get started its probably a 9.8 or 9.9

Welcome!

To get an idea of what it might grade out at, take some high res scans and post them in a thread over in the Please Grade My forum. There are many experts on the boards who can give you a great idea of what the book will grade at. Not to be the Debbie Downer, but the likelihood of 9.8 isn't high, and the 9.9 is practically impossible (there's only 1 in the census).  If you are new to having books graded by CGC, it's good to start adjusting those expectations downwards, to avoid disappointment. But for your sake, I hope you're right!

24 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Welcome!

To get an idea of what it might grade out at, take some high res scans and post them in a thread over in the Please Grade My forum. There are many experts on the boards who can give you a great idea of what the book will grade at. Not to be the Debbie Downer, but the likelihood of 9.8 isn't high, and the 9.9 is practically impossible (there's only 1 in the census).  If you are new to having books graded by CGC, it's good to start adjusting those expectations downwards, to avoid disappointment. But for your sake, I hope you're right!

3817FEB1-BC85-4F88-9DC8-332A7CB563A5.thumb.jpeg.c72377fcf2566c618df0a8d88647d3ec.jpegdoes that work? 

27 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Start by posting pics of it.

just did ..3817FEB1-BC85-4F88-9DC8-332A7CB563A5.thumb.jpeg.c72377fcf2566c618df0a8d88647d3ec.jpeg

Good start, initial thoughts:

- Lower right corner looks a bit rounded
- Spine just above the lower left corner seems to be fraying out slightly, unless that's just a trick from the lighting?

Are your the original owner, or did you buy this off someone?  I ask in case there's undisclosed restoration.  Also, is the Marvel Value Stamp intact?

More would be better, including of the back cover.

1 minute ago, Alexander James Hill IV said:

Yeah it’s Definitely not that high grade don’t know how many owners but yes the backside as perfect as well all intact

Its still a really nice copy.  If I had this book I wouldn't hesitate to send it in for pressing/cleaning and grading.  I can't see too much from the pics but it looks like a 9.0.  More pics would help but just a guess (big guess).

48 minutes ago, Alexander James Hill IV said:

3 minutes ago, Alexander James Hill IV said:

Yeah it’s Definitely not that high grade

???

4 minutes ago, Alexander James Hill IV said:

Yeah it’s Definitely not that high grade don’t know how many owners but yes the backside as perfect as well all intact

I wouldn't discount it so quickly, it seems like this could quite possibly be a 9.2/9.4, but as we've said there's no way to be sure without more pics.  A 9.4 would push it into the $5000 range fyi.

8 minutes ago, grebal said:

Interesting reception for a PGM thread in CG.  Very tolerant gang out today.

Hard to give a reliable grade from a pic in a bag.  Even a scan in mylite, though much better, could still conceal much wrong that could impact grade.  Looks a beauty in its a bag, good luck.

My copy is around a 7.0 with a dogear top rt that I've been considering having graded.

I agree it should be moved to PGM forum, halfway figured mods would step in and that the OP would take their answer and run :fear:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, Alexander James Hill IV said:

3817FEB1-BC85-4F88-9DC8-332A7CB563A5.thumb.jpeg.c72377fcf2566c618df0a8d88647d3ec.jpegdoes that work? 

just did ..3817FEB1-BC85-4F88-9DC8-332A7CB563A5.thumb.jpeg.c72377fcf2566c618df0a8d88647d3ec.jpeg

Nice looking book! From here it looks like a 9.2-9.4 range, but a an actual scan, like on a flatbed scanner, front and back, will tell the tale. A mylar like that can hide too many defects. Certainly a nice looking book though, and well worth grading!

Good looking book, but zero chance at 9.8 or 9.9. 

Needs pressed before sub (looks like some dents on Hulks pants that would press out).

From the pics (and assuming BC is same as front & clean), I could see 9.2/9.4