• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone identify the stamp?

4 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Max Vebaneta said:

I know that comics get a lot of marks on them from time but I was wondering if someone could help me identify this one.

D9DE6C59-9C3E-43C9-8F09-3E4F1CC241BD.jpeg

Some selling venues stamped the comics on the day of arrival. It helped them keep track of how long they had each issue for sale, and presumably helped with tracking when to return unsold copies. All copies were stamped.

17 minutes ago, zoom625 said:

Some selling venues stamped the comics on the day of arrival. It helped them keep track of how long they had each issue for sale, and presumably helped with tracking when to return unsold copies. All copies were stamped.

That’s awesome! Thanks! I love history like that. 

This *could* be a stamp from Italy. "Napoli" is the Italian city we would call Naples. and "L. 130" could be 130 Lira, the Italian currency prior to the Euro. 130 Lira converts to 8 cents at the last exchange rate before it became obsolete in 1999. 8 cents is in the right ballpark for a comic in 1967 (the conversion rate was certainly different at the time).